The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Parties climb over asylum seekers for victory > Comments

Parties climb over asylum seekers for victory : Comments

By Lionel Bopage, published 19/7/2013

So how can the Coalition or Labor, if they have even a modicum of conscience, just wash their hands of these developments?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Can't wait to see the reaction on the asylum seekers faces when they arrive to one of those dancing welcoming parties on PNG. Maybe they will be made citizens on arrival and given a little grass hut. They really can't complain as they are out of harms way and safe.
Posted by ozzie, Friday, 19 July 2013 7:17:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marylin Shepherd please tell us on "Online Opinion" and the "Advertiser newspaper" what you are actually doing here in Australia to help these refugees, have you taken any into your home as boarders, seriously we would all like to know, we hear your bleatings as to how wrong we all are except yourself.
All people I communicate with all say the same thing whether in jest or otherwise send then back from whence they came,drown them at sea, or get on the correct refugee cue and wait your turn.
Have you ever been in the streets of Adelaide these cold nights and seen people sleeping only with a rug on cold cement, Marylin forget about these cue jumpers and like Leslie hinted at, get your act into gear and invite these poor people into your home and help them, they need help, throughout Australia there are thousands living in squalid conditions, not like demanding cue jumpers in leaky boats who demand once here Social Security payments, housing, mobile phones, big TV's, Lawyers etc, I ask you, why wouldn't you want to come here and bring all your own baggage with you including relatives and your Sharia Law, perhaps I could head to Japan in a leaky boat and say I am an asylum seeker, I know where I would end up, right back from whence I came post haste in my leaky boat.
GET ON THE ASYLUM SEEKER CORRECT CUE AND YOU WILL BE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS, I AM SURE BY ALL AUSTRALIANS, except Marylin Shepherd who prefers the illegal way of bringing refugees into Australia, perhaps when her status as a woman is number three behind men she then will be writing to say how wrong that is.
Posted by Ojnab, Friday, 19 July 2013 7:24:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
News travels fast. Already they are rioting on Nauru in response to Rudd's announcement.
Posted by ozzie, Friday, 19 July 2013 8:24:52 PM
Marilyn Shepherd obviously you failed to see or or were unable to answer my post to you so here it is again, YOU made the allegation so back it up.

Quote "And out trot the usual suspects with the usual lies" Like usual YOU make an outlandish statement without evidence or examples to backup your argument or lack of one.

Who are the usual suspects?
What are the lies?

To quote you again "people who can write on the web are just too lazy to find out the facts." With my above questions it poses the question are you including yourself in your statement?

Please note "usual suspects" means more than one.

ozzie - If what you say is correct it is proof that what people have said is right - THESE are not the type of so called good citizens we want here deport them.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 19 July 2013 9:52:44 PM
I have an idea, why don't we accept some of the smarter asylum seekers & swap them for the marilyns, the Paul 1405s, the Poirots et al.
That might end up a better deal all round.
Posted by individual, Friday, 19 July 2013 9:57:46 PM
individual's idea of "smart" is anyone who agrees with him.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 19 July 2013 10:25:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy