The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Land of the free to be monitored > Comments

Land of the free to be monitored : Comments

By Tom Clifford, published 26/6/2013

Charging Edward Snowden with espionage is Kafkaesque, given he refused to spy.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
This looks like another "hate the yanks" article we are so used to seeing on OLO, where no stone can be left unturned in the quest to find something, anything, to make the yanks look bad.

When Barack Obama became president of the USA, liberals like Tom Clifford went into orgasms of delight. Obama claimed he was going to close Guantanamo Bay, withdraw US troops from Afghanistan and Iraq immediately, and institute all sorts of social reforms.

What happened?

Even though Obama is a 100% liberal who has chanted the left wing mantra and advocated every liberal cause imaginable, once he got in the hot seat, reality dawned.

It is alright raving on about liberal values when you are not responsible for its consequences. But when it suddenly strikes you that if you are stupid eneough to instigate liberal policies which your own advisors tell you are absolutely idiotic, especially if they point out the dire consequences to the people that you represent, then that must be a very sobering experience.

Barack Obama is still very much a liberal. But if this liberal accepts that his intelligence service has very good national security reasons to eavesdrop on the conversations of certain US citizens, then it is probably because they are right.

Anyone who has any knowledge of history can tell you that one of the reasons why the allies won both WW1 and WW2, was because of the efficiency of the allied intelligence gathering services.

But because of the stupidity of people who advocate multiculturalism, we have now imported large numbers of people into our western societies who really do want to destroy us.

Liberals are a funny lot. They create a serious problem based upon their slavish adherence to an unobtainable moral ideal. Then when the predicted negative outcome eventuates, they blame the people who opposed them all along, and then attack the people charged with controlling the problem which they created.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 26 June 2013 9:27:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lego, do you have a little American flag on your desk?

Do you sing the American National Anthem in the shower?

Is your favorite meal a Macca with coke?

Do you ever read the articles on Information Clearing House?

Do you love violent American movies and video games?

Have you ever lived in the U.S.?

Are you on the payroll of the American Propaganda Network?

Just askin'!
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 26 June 2013 10:08:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Has there ever been a greater disappointment, a flush more busted, than than Mr Barack Hussein Obama?
Although, and to his credit, he has given us a change we can believe in. That it's not the one many of us thought we would be getting is just part of what we can now believe in.
Posted by halduell, Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:15:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Notably China’s Peoples Liberation Army garrison in Hong Kong includes:

“1 intelligence gathering battalion” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Hong_Kong_Garrison .

Its functions include human spying on Hong Kong citizens as well as cyber surveillance of links in and out of Hong Kong.

The Chinese battalion also monitors Hong Kong citizens' everyday communications.
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:28:07 AM
Hi David G

None of the above.

But do you have the Koran on your desk?

Do you face Mecca when you pray?

Do you prefer halal Maccas?

Do you watch Al Jazeera?

Have you ever lived in some Muslim sheethole where they all think like you do?

Do you work for the Muslim Brotherhood?

Got an artz degree and work for the public service?

Just askin.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 26 June 2013 12:56:50 PM
Hi Lego,

None of the above.

I'm an atheist.

I don't pray to anyone. I don't need a psychological crutch!

I prefer Indian curries and baked dinners.

I do watch Al Jazeera. It helps to balance the tsunami of duplicitous Western propaganda which surrounds me.

I have traveled extensively through Muslim countries and, over many years, I've found the people there to be kind, generous and humble.

Unlike you, I work for the Brotherhood of Mankind not Imperial Empires.

I have an arts degree with distinction and majored in Economics and Psychology. I've also been a journalist and author and I've lived in several countries including Canada and New Zealand.

Have you ever left Australia or had an original thought?

Just askin'.
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 26 June 2013 4:18:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy