The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bilby versus bunny: a choice that transcends Easter marketing > Comments

Bilby versus bunny: a choice that transcends Easter marketing : Comments

By Ian Gunn, published 28/3/2013

The only member of the bandicoot family to make a living in the outback needs our help to survive.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Ian, I totally support the environmental ethic here, but I feel that the focus is way too narrow.

A great deal of effort and expense has gone into saving the bilby. Meanwhile, less iconic species get scant little help and our environment continues to suffer increasing pressures of all sorts.

It would be great if the Easter Bilby message was broadened into one of achieving a healthy sustainable environment and society, rather than just the recovery one endangered species.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 28 March 2013 8:16:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yet another manifestation of too many people in this overcrowded and over exploited land.
Or world whatever you want.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 28 March 2013 9:15:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Easter,a carry over from the great fertility festivals of the past with the easter bunny representing all that is fertile and fecund. The bilby represents ...what?

DKit
Posted by dkit, Thursday, 28 March 2013 10:17:31 AM
What happened to the Bilby breeders? I thought they were going to be developed into a pet industry, I'd buy a pet Bilby.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 28 March 2013 12:21:15 PM
Jay Of Melbourne,
Climate change became more funky. A lot of funding probably went that way too, away from the Bilby.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 30 March 2013 8:38:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy