The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Volunteer hunters are the true conservationists > Comments

Volunteer hunters are the true conservationists : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 21/3/2013

If those opposed to hunting in national parks held genuine concerns for the environment they would want to make it easier for volunteers to shoot feral animals, wherever they occur.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
You have see through the agendas of the anti crowd (including the media) to see the true picture not only of lawful hunting but also lawful gun ownership. As someone who as been around the lawful (both socially and professionally) for nearly 40 years I can assure the misinformed public that lawful gun ownership is not a threat to public safety. I have hunted for all of those 40 years and I can assure you that I have done more to conserve our native bush than all the green, anti hunters have done collectively.
Posted by Lawful_Shooter, Thursday, 21 March 2013 8:56:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there LAWFUL_SHOOTER...

I'm not entirely sure that I can agree with you. As a retired D/Sergeant, I've had the opportunity to witness on many occasions the evidence of lawful shooters at work. With damaged (country) signage and other unlawful practices occasioned by the irresponsible and unlawful use of F/A's, by these 'licenced' shooters.

You might well ask how does one determine whether the perpetrators of this particular behaviour are licenced shooters ? By arrest records.

You further claim that shooters are 'true conservationists' ? Of course many are aware of their responsibilities apropos what they shoot, when they shoot, and where they shoot. However, there are others, though appropriately licensed, care little with the specifics of wildlife conservation, rather they just wish to get into the scrub, and enjoy their shooting.

Personally, I've dealt with several 'shot gunners' each of them totally inebriated, as well as contemporaneously committing other related breaches. Again, both were arrested.

Please don't assume I'm seeking to inveigh and revile the activities of all licensed shooters, far from it. But to imply that all's well and rosey within the entire licit shooting fraternity, is unfortunately false.

Further though licenced, 'some' shooters behave in such a manner that would give substantial rise and question their actual maturity, as to whether they're a fit and proper person to have possession of a firearm at all ? Still that's another matter ?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 21 March 2013 2:56:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All the articles I have read on this matter claim volunteer shooters operate in states other than NSW but fail to mention it is under the auspices of Conservation and Wildlfie Management branch of the SSAA. A highly regulated professional group of people. These parks are not open for general 'licensed' shooters and are certainly not regulated by a self interested quasi-political group. They are regulated by the state working in tight collaboration with CWM. CWM conducts very specific targeted operations which have a measurable outcome. They do not claim to reduce the numbers of feral animals generally.
Posted by spinifex, Thursday, 21 March 2013 4:18:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy