The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > History, hagiocracy and happiness in Bhutan > Comments

History, hagiocracy and happiness in Bhutan : Comments

By Winton Bates, published 16/1/2013

The Fourth King of Bhutan, Jigme Singye Wangchuk, famously asserted during the 1970s that 'Gross National Happiness is more important than Gross National Product'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"Is that why Bhutan beckons? Is it the challenge to spend more time on mountains geographical or metaphorical - aiming to live in harmony with nature and our neighbours and to seek goodness and enlightenment?"

Quite a review. Tim Fischer is one of the more interesting ex politicians around. As a mere Public Servant I sat next to him in Parliament House, during a demonstration of new fangled video hookup technology.

I think it was the day he was deposed as Deputy PM. Unfortunately I didn't talk to him.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 12:59:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy