The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Redefining regionalism > Comments

Redefining regionalism : Comments

By Vince Hooper, published 9/1/2013

The heart of the problem is the fact is that you cannot slap down a convergent federal or linear system on underlying divergence and discord. Europe is strong as a region because of its diversity and not because of uniformity.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
wonder why anglophiles love austerity so dearly. could it be that you are truely contemptuous of the poor?
Posted by peter mills, Wednesday, 9 January 2013 10:48:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Britain is central to the problem with Europe.
Here is a "state leader", [big frog in a tiny and still shrinking pond,] who rejects the Euro, yet wants to tell/instruct/teach Europe what to do?
Why?
Well he has made an outstanding success of fully recovering the, never been better, British economy, hasn't he?
The unemployment and debt rate has gone way down and the housing market has recovered, so he must be doing something right?
Right?
Therefore, it follows the rest of Europe should follow him and his highly successful recovery formula!
Perhaps we could send him to Greece, [oh how I wish,] and get him to start there, and turn that most troubled European economy around?
Given he succeeds there, take him and his formula for outstanding and resounding success; and apply it elsewhere, or all over Europe!
Perhaps, given his almost guaranteed success, we could even make him President of a finally and truly united, federated Europe, where not only is the currency is the same, [except for the stand out British pound,] but the language, and the laws!
I mean one cannot be both presumed innocent until proved guilty and or guilty until proven innocent, [sacre blue,] simultaneously!
Isn't genuine unity truly wonderful!?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Wednesday, 9 January 2013 10:57:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Surely a world that had any kindness at all would put the EU, & it's poor long suffering citizens out of their misery.

The EU is about the best advertisement for war I have ever seen. Nice regular wars tend to get rid of lots of young would be leaders, before they can do very much harm to those they would wish to lead.

No war could ever do as much harm to as many people as the EU has to it's citizens, & much of the rest of the world.

The answer is to transport the entire EU bureaucracy, & all lobbyists & other hangers on, to a new mine site, somewhere in northern Siberia, & tell them to get on & build everything, including the mine themselves. They must be there for life, to protect the innocent.

Bung in surveillance video cameras everywhere, start recording, & you'd have a hit TV show. Whether it would be classified as a spoof, comedy or reality TV I'm not sure. However I do get a warm feeling thinking about some cold bureaucrats, running around in circles, like a chook with it's head cut off, ordering each other around
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 9 January 2013 11:52:45 AM
Colonialism? Fail.
Globalisation? Fail.
Multiculturalism? Fail.
Euro? Fail.
Yugoslavia? Fail.
Soviet Union? Fail.
South Africa? Fail.
India? Fail.
Israel? Fail.

When are we going to learn?
You can't just mix different peoples together in artifically invented "unions" and expect success.

Virtually the only exception has been Switzerland.
Who knows why that anomaly exists, because everywhere else it's fail, fail, fail.

And "Pacific" regionalism? Guess where that's headed.
The only country we have any similarity to is New Zealand. That's it.

Nobody else bears the faintest resemblance, yet no doubt we'll continue "uniting and failing" til the end of time.
Posted by Shockadelic, Wednesday, 9 January 2013 7:55:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy