The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An Indian spring > Comments

An Indian spring : Comments

By Sheleyah Courtney, published 8/1/2013

Much commentary on the Delhi rape primitivises Indian men and Indian culture in general.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I like reading these types of articles, solely for the fact to see what the latest buzzwords and reinterpretations of history in feminism are.
Posted by Aristocrat, Tuesday, 8 January 2013 12:48:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are those that can not get on with educated women no matter what they have to say.
It's sad that women can-not walk the streets without fear.
That Indian ordeal beggers belief, that has no place at all in any society, and i hope the Indian authorities really get on top of this, and commit to exacting laws that will set an example, that will forever, put a stop to these sort of atrocities.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 8 January 2013 1:03:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Thus it is very easy to fall into the neo-colonial trap of inferiorising nation-states like India conveniently forgetting that its present economic Spring occurs after decades of recovery from a colonisation that impoverished and ravaged it to say the least."

Yes, naturally, the present economic and social conditions in India (or any developing country) are all the fault of "The Former Colonial Power".

Aristocrat,

My favourite is "inferiorising", although I don't think it's femino-speak, it seems more like anti-Orientalism jargon.
Posted by mac, Tuesday, 8 January 2013 3:10:24 PM
'The Occupy movement too, owes its albeit brief success to social networking. '

I suspect that the Óccupy' movement to, have their share of rapist. Most of them with no idea at what they are protesting about. Strange to see them with their iphones etc. Look at the case with the Wikileaks founder. I hope the movement in India has a few more scruples and a bit more morality that the hypocrites in the occupy movement.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 8 January 2013 3:51:34 PM
Easy on the verbification there! It's blowing my mind!
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 8 January 2013 3:53:55 PM
Mac, the buzzword I find intriguing is "privilege". Intriguing because I find it hard to fathom someone who has studied/trained for 3-4 years earning a degree or trade, then worked 40-60 hours per week for 10-40 years in order to live their life, is "privileged". It's as if the feminists think a house, car, holidays, etc. just fall into people's laps.
Posted by Aristocrat, Tuesday, 8 January 2013 8:12:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy