The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why do we care about leadership? > Comments

Why do we care about leadership? : Comments

By Geoff Aigner, published 23/11/2012

Like leadership, love has no destination: it is in the doing. It requires a constant deepening, understanding and interdependence-just like leadership.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
" this question for myself and wondered why I care about leadership"

well Geoff...maybe this is why...

What crisis? This crisis
by Alan Kohler

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Dutch-disease-GFC-economy-SME-NAB-commodities-mini-pd20121114-ZZQR7?opendocument&src=idp&emcontent_asx_financial-markets&utm_source=exact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=132879&utm_campaign=kgb&modapt=commentary

so we are now heading for a worse financial crisis that the Americans and the rest of the world have had...and the democractic process thats in place is protect us is doing svquat...

sam
Posted by Sam said, Saturday, 24 November 2012 12:01:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not quiet sure, who I would consider the most stupid.

Would it be those who think they can be taught to be a leader, or those who presume to teach them?

Yes I know it is possible to teach someone to lead a platoon into battle, in other words teach them how to get people killed.

This is a common theme I find in all "great" leaders. They got a lot of people killed.

When it comes to less peaceful leaders, we find so many of them with policies that send thousands broke, & make millions poorer. Have you noticed that every time some leader, [government] picks a winner,[like subsidising wind power], it costs them nothing, & usually assures them a prosperous career after we chuck them out. At the same time it costs all the rest of us heaps.

I like the idea of isolating potential leaders everywhere, giving them a long piece of wood, with a point at one end, & telling them to go tilt at a few windmills. It may not do them much good, but it sure will do us a lot less harm.

In the meanwhile, if you really must have a leader, go join a conga line somewhere, it is much safer, & definitely more fun.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 24 November 2012 2:02:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why do we care about leadership?
Well, arguably because we are largely, thoughtless/unthinking common herd/sheep, needing someone else, hopefully, occasionally, sometimes, vastly more intelligent; and or, present with their own original thoughts or ideas, to take RESPONSIBILITY for; and lead us to fresher pastures!
Rather than follow each other in argumentative, road rage inspired, ever decreasing circles, that has only one obvious lowest common denominator, or fundamental orifice, [we're in it now,] destination?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Sunday, 25 November 2012 9:44:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy