The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The night of Jerusalem's joyous chaos > Comments

The night of Jerusalem's joyous chaos : Comments

By Graham Cooke, published 3/9/2012

Unprecedentedly this year all Palestinian women and males under 12 and over 40 were allowed to enter Jerusalem with only minimal supervision.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"Settlements are illegal under international law and threaten to make a two-State solution impossible, Ms Ashton said.
And still the politicians play catch-up. I wonder how long it will be before all sides acknowledge that the chance for a two-State solution is long gone.
It can only be one land now, from the sea to the river. Denial is fruitless.
And that Wall! What a phenomenal waste of time and energy. And material. Whatever will all the rubble be used for when it eventually comes tumbling down?
I weep for Israel, living in fear while surrounded by loathing. It didn't have to be this way. Open your borders along with your arms and your hearts and it won't be in the future. It's still your choice. I only pray you take it while it's still yours to take.
Posted by halduell, Monday, 3 September 2012 1:16:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To point out an inaccuracy, between 1967 and roughly 1975-6, Arabs from the West Bank (not calling themselves "Palestinians" yet) had no trouble visiting and working in Israel, praying in Jerusalem's mosques, swimming in the Mediterranean, etc.

The bulk of the Jewish ideological settlements began in 1975, which pressed and provoked the local Arabs, raising their national-awareness until they unfortunately resorted to terrorism, which resulted in restricting their movements and the building of the wall.

As Palestinian terrorism is declining, I hope there shall be many more easements like this special night. The settlers, however, will do anything they can to prevent those easements. As far as they are concerned, there is no place for non-Jews in Israel and once those are gone, there will also be no place in Israel for those who do not share their so-called "religious" ideology, who will receive a similar treatment to that which the Arabs receive now.

If nothing else convinces the parties to make peace, Israel and the Palestinians have a dangerous common enemy in the form of Iran - it's time they forget their petty territorial/"religious" ideology and fight the common enemy together.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 4 September 2012 6:15:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy