The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What's the message Ricki-Lee? > Comments

What's the message Ricki-Lee? : Comments

By Greg Donnelly, published 8/6/2012

What sort of earning is Ricki-Lee promoting with the learning.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Even after a couple of readings, I couldn't detect any hint of self-reflection or irony in this article.

Quibbling with the selection of people representing a group or organisation… From a politician! From the ALP! From New South Wales!

Oh, my aching sides…
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 8 June 2012 8:55:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Greg Donnelly, perhaps your visa should be stamped cancelled at the earliest available opportunity.
Posted by MAREELORRAINE, Friday, 8 June 2012 10:47:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Presumably if you are running a campaign targeted at schoolkids, you have to pick a spokesperson that schoolkids like and respect. A politician? No, nobody could respect THEM. Someone popular, attractive and well under thirty? Ricki-Lee seems to fit the bill admirably. What's more, she has demonstrated that she can support herself without the aid of government handouts; how many of our current crop of prominent Australians can say that?
Posted by Jon J, Friday, 8 June 2012 8:05:16 PM
Yep, there are always Greg Donnellys, in every generation.

Oh dear, Michael Jackson clutches his crotch while dancing.

Oh dear, Mick Jagger sings about prostitutes.

Oh dear, Elvis twitches his hips, suggestively.

Oh dear, Mae West is being overtly sexual.

Oh dear, Clara Bow...

That's as far back as my instant recall takes me, but I'm sure there are examples from the Renaissance, from Roman times, Ancient Egypt etc. And as sure as can be, there are always a bunch of Greg Donnellys, tut-tutting on the sidelines.

Cue... runner.
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 9 June 2012 11:05:05 AM
Pericles.
Lola Montez?
Beau Brummell?
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 9 June 2012 4:31:54 PM
I continue to be shocked by this conservative sexism from our elected representatives...I would have thought this Victorian-age moralising should be left in the period where it belongs... Is Australian society really so uptight? I ask the author whether he is equally critical of male 'celebrities' like Grant Hackett (whose recent behaviour has led him to losing his 'ambassador' status) or is this response about strong, successful, hardworking women? Shame, shame, shame...
Posted by matjabsa, Monday, 11 June 2012 3:24:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy