The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are you mesmerised by the hungry wolf on the web? > Comments

Are you mesmerised by the hungry wolf on the web? : Comments

By Kay Stroud, published 16/5/2012

Bad habits feed into our state of being in a negative feedback.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Let me see if I've got this right, Kay…

"Thinking about a persistent cough I was experiencing a couple of weeks ago, I asked myself had I become mesmerised… Wow, there really had been a barrage of hypnotic suggestions! [followed by] …This prayer took some persistence, but the next day there was no evidence of a cough or cold at all."

So you were hypnotised into a psychosomatic cough and then self-hypnotised out of it?

'kenoath, but you are suggestible.

But I'm glad you're better.
Posted by WmTrevor, Wednesday, 16 May 2012 10:32:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kay, thank you for this thought provoking article. I agree that we would all do well to watch the quality of our thinking because ultimately it is the quality of our thinking that determines the quality of our lives. I think that most of us have not begun to tap the power of thought. Like you I also have had instant 'turn-arounds' in physical conditions by changing my thought.
Posted by DebP, Wednesday, 16 May 2012 11:46:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just ponder on this. "If it wasn't for sex, you wouldn't be here."
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 16 May 2012 12:33:25 PM
Sideshow Bob- "Yes, and I am perfectly aware of the irony of appearing on a medium in order to decry it."

Gotta say, if only Kay had mentioned Christian Science at the start of the article than at the end, perhaps I wouldn't have had 10 minutes of my time wasted by that very real hungry beast.
Posted by dozer, Thursday, 17 May 2012 10:29:41 AM
I remember 1984 I met a friend in Tasmania, "shhhh I'm gay if the police find out I will get a conviction" 30years later there are homophobic people fighting a loosing battle. Martin Luthor King faught for his humanity , now we have an American President. Why does evolution take so long.
Posted by pinn, Thursday, 17 May 2012 9:42:12 PM
Subliminal messages or advertising? If my wife is upset, I play Fleetwood Mac, nearly instantly, her whole mood changes, if I put on heavy metal I ring her mum to come over and go fishing. Also watch tv at noon adds for funeral insurance. Every day,sorry but advertising experts know their business.
Posted by pinn, Thursday, 17 May 2012 10:59:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy