The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anzac Day: a day to reflect on life and health > Comments

Anzac Day: a day to reflect on life and health : Comments

By Kay Stroud, published 25/4/2012

Death is closer to our thoughts on Anzac Day than at most other times.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"I was delighted to discover that we seem to have a much better understanding of our relation to the divine these days .... that we are all equal(-ly loved)..."

Well, yes, all zeros are equal. But I'm not sure who the 'we' is that is supposed to 'understand' this, or whether it includes the author.

So yet another poorly thought-out gallimaufry of theist non-sequiturs shambles off mournfully towards the horizon...
Posted by Jon J, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 2:37:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You might disagree and think that death is the end of the story. Or could it possibly be a chance to have another go?
Kay,
Who knows, indeed do we need to know at this stage ? We'll all find out sooner or later.
All the troubles on this planet come from people not wanting to wait to find out. If people are so keen to find they can always use one of the countless methods to speed up finding out.
God or no God, Afterlife or no Afterlife ? This question has plagued this planet since mankind first had time to take time out from trying to find a feed & do some frivolous thinking, or day dreaming or whatever.
No other manmade crap has caused more misery & suffering than superstition or as some like to call it , religion.
I guarantee if religion were to be made illegal we wouldn't be this mess. I say, make everyone pay %10 of their wages for religion we wouldn't get a fraction of the nonsense that goes on now. If you feel that there might be a greater power than keep it to yourself but for crying out loud stop wasting all our time with it & causing so much misery.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 4:30:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy