The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Class wars and the nanny state > Comments

Class wars and the nanny state : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 23/4/2012

There is nothing that brings home the sad realization that a wealthy husband is not a financial plan, than finding the au pair or nanny in bed with your man.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"Nannies are easy to spot. At private school playgrounds, the overweight and badly dressed women no one really talks to are the nannies."

And easy to abuse, apparently. No wonder you were able to co-author a book on class warfare; you seem to have mastered the art completely.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 23 April 2012 7:51:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think a large serving of cat food is needed here.

I know plenty of working women who share a nanny to reduce the cost. They are most certainly not wealthy
Posted by DavidL, Monday, 23 April 2012 10:07:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a lot about nothing, as I believe it was intended to be.

However if you are serious Evelyn, you only have to think outside the box a little.

A move to the Solomons, or New Guinea will quickly fix the nanny problem, & the cook/wash boy will fix the others, & all so cheaply, you won't even notice it.

Just be careful. Most "ordinary" ozzies really don't handle having personal servants very well. Probably just a lack of familiarity, but it could be idleness that is a problem. The last 6 couples who had lived in the house provided for me in Rabaul PNG had separated while living there. Women should be kept busy., Idleness is not good for them.

Runs for cover.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 23 April 2012 11:07:58 AM
That’s quite a short-term and simplistic view of class*. The types of people you are describing – lawyers, doctors, accountants – are those who have worked hard throughout their lives to build the lifestyle and wealth they aspire to. These are not the “upper classes” but more the worker bees, hammering away in the engine room of society doing the kinds of mundane, uninspiring work that would send most people catatonic, all for the paltry recompense of a few more dollars and a few more rooms in their houses a few minutes closer in to the centre of town, and the right to think about swapping their CX-7s for Cayennes once they live close enough to town to reduce their fuel bills commensurately. They are the ones whose hard work allows people like me to follow my heart and do work that I think is important and interesting, because they ensure society functions adequately and that the clever, creative people of the world will never have to work crappy jobs that we don’t want to do just to keep ourselves fed.

If nannies help these people to be more productive then I think there’s a good argument for investigating the economic viability of subsidising them.

Oh and, all of the nannies I’ve ever come across have been very attractive 18-21 year old American or European women on their gap year. Any initiative which increases the representation of this demographic in Australian society has got my support!

*an alternative criticism could be: You just made me realise why I don't read the Telegraph!
Posted by Sam Jandwich, Monday, 23 April 2012 11:37:56 AM
why are women so horrible to each other even if it is a means of displaying Abbottphobia.

'At private school playgrounds, the overweight and badly dressed women no one really talks to are the nannies.'

It seems like women phd students are allowed to stereo type and write absolute rubbish. First we have Greer commenting on the PM's bum now we have this kind of rubbish. I thought people with phd's might display a little more class.
Posted by runner, Monday, 23 April 2012 11:48:31 AM
So this is how decadent political liberals talk amongst themselves.

They promote the killing of babies in the womb so women can toyboy and careerise in their 20's, and then become petrified when younger hotter women seem to have learned from their ruthless example, and are quite prepared to seduce their husbands.

What a degrading spectacle listening to liberals squabbling over how they divvy up the underclass' money, as if any of them really cared about the poor or about what is really in a woman's interest. These women are all EMILY'S LISTer's and vicious abortionists in various stages of unsexing themselves - hoping to God they can convince other women to follow them so their ugliness is diluted by numbers.

So ladies listen to these feminists spruiking the state ideology, forget that you're just an insurance clerk drone being bled dry by taxes to save the atmosphere!, interest on money created by central bank fiat, $7b bailouts for European banksters, welfarism, and aid for Muslim immigrants. Forget that the sexual ideology they want you to pursue militates against you ever marrying or raising a family - (what man worth marrying will choose an overeducated women with a sexual history nearing the end of her fertile life?) - but hey! share in the misery of your older sisters. They need company.

P.s. A surcharge includes giving up your children to perpetuate the sisterhood (we don't really have any of our own), subsidisy of our abortions for the sans culottes sisters, our contraception and family breakdown too. Long live libido liberals!
http://downloads.frc.org/EF/EF09H36.pdf
Posted by Martin Ibn Warriq, Monday, 23 April 2012 5:11:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy