The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Churn and burn: how not to solve unemployment > Comments

Churn and burn: how not to solve unemployment : Comments

By Don Arthur, published 15/5/2001

Don Arthur argues that Tony Abbott's approach to lowering the unemployment rate will not work

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
This article is so true. I was on a part payment from welfare while I worked part time when bringing up my children as a single parent, I also studied part time, hoping to have a qualification and a well paying job by the time my children had grown. Things did not turn out as I thought, my qualification has not got me anywhere and the only jobs I got were casual or temporary in Marketing and Call centre. I now have full time work in a call centre and I am very lucky to work for a good employer. However I have an hour commute to get to work and there seems to be no room for advancement.
My daughter who went to TAFE to get a qualification is also having trouble finding work. I believe unless you have money and a safety net of some kind, your choices of what to study needs to be more focussed on where the jobs are.
Posted by crjgs, Monday, 9 April 2007 6:37:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy