The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Opponents of gay marriage are fighting a rearguard action > Comments

Opponents of gay marriage are fighting a rearguard action : Comments

By Kees Bakhuijzen, published 16/3/2012

It might not be the most important issue, but it is one of the most unstoppable.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
My understanding of Christianity is that a 'church marriage' demands that the bride be female and the groom be male. I think its Book stipulates that somewhere. I have thus been of the opinion that should religious bodies in general sanction and perform gay marriages they have exceeded their brief.

If that is the case, it seems to me that those religious bodies would as a result enter the realm of commerce and should be taxed accordingly.
Posted by prialprang, Friday, 16 March 2012 9:04:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do they have their backs against the wall?
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 16 March 2012 9:15:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fred Niles character has withstood decades of corrupt Labour pollies who no doubt have been rewarded jobs by the current rabbel in Canberra. Personally I would prefer Nile's 'rain chanting'as Kees calls it to the promotion of perversion (gay marriage). Bigots from the homosexual lobby have thrown urine at Fred Nile and slandered him. To me he is a hero. The Dutch might delight in having a homosexual PM while some Australians rejoice in a feminist woman living in sin. So what! She certainly has proved a diaster.
Posted by runner, Friday, 16 March 2012 9:21:23 AM
If you wrote it, Kees, congratulations on the funniest article heading I've yet seen on OnLine Opinion.

It just occurred to me that if there are casualties in this battle, Mr. H, the opponents such as runner won't leave their mate's behind.
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 16 March 2012 9:33:25 AM
Houles, sick minds think alike. It’s taken me half an hour to clear the tears of laughter from my eyes and "I don't know which way to turn"?

I’m still trying to type whilst laughing, what with the author’s ”rearguard action”, your "backs to the wall" contribution Houles, then WmTrevor adding the further slip by his reference to not leaving “their mate’s behind”?

Sorry Kees, it’s not that we don’t take your article seriously but you must appreciate your Freudian slip is hilarious? Not to mention the bucket load of “one liners” we could have tipped in.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 16 March 2012 10:26:46 AM
I really am shocked that no one has offered any consideration for the Family Court in all of this.

How on earth are they going to function, when they get divorce among these funny people.

They won't be able to follow their standard blue print for the distribution of the assets with this lot. They won't be able to take everything from the male, & give it to the female, in either case.

If you see a large mushroom cloud, some time soon, hanging over the legal district of a city near you, don't worry, it's not a nuclear invasion. It's merely the family court "Justices" exploding after trying to wrestle with such a huge problem
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 16 March 2012 10:32:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy