The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sex Tourism and the ‘Asian Experience’ > Comments

Sex Tourism and the ‘Asian Experience’ : Comments

By Linda Atkins, published 6/3/2012

Power and sex have always been linked.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Don't generalise about Philippino Women. I have been married to one for twenty years and we have two wonderful children together.

For anyone that thinks she is subservient you don't know her. She won't do anything that she doesn't want to and I don't expect her to either.
Enough of the meme that Philippinos here are prostitutes that got lucky.

They are wonderful people that value their family life. That is the main attraction to Australian men.
Regards

Marisan
Posted by Marisan, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 3:17:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Females simply don't understand what a woman feels. Asian women as do australian women appreciate what men want & the women give & vice versa.
Females & males just haven't a clue.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 3:45:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Power and sex have always been linked?
Duh!

However, The sins of sex just used to up in cots.

But now, in overpopulated eras, they end up in government payouts quid pro quo for POWE$r, nappy induced climate change, run down OIL reserves, coal seam gas that costs more to liquify than the energy it contains, closed Hormus straits, wars involving neutron bombs, and pandemic diseases.

While dopey Aussies get their rocks off twittering on about 'their' diminishing share of the mining boom while lauding individualism. When the mines will dry up within a few decades and the individualists will all too soon appear in their true personas as Bernie Madoffs in Ponzi clothing.

Federal politicians need to wash the $ signs out of their eyes and see this truth before our benificent mining magnates leave for greener mines in Africa and leave Australia a debt ridden hole in the ground with a bloody multi-immigrant clique civil war simmering under the noses of sleeping ASIO fatcats.

As for the Phillipines, we all know the story of the lady with the diamond ring who felt a dripping at her hand while walking in Manilla. She looked down to see her ring finger had been cut off.

Anyone brave enough to get their nookie in The Phillies deserves their pleasures.
Posted by KAEP, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 4:36:35 PM
Linda Atkins has decided, on balance, to give the ‘Asian’ experience a miss. Not surprising considering they normally cater for men.

While this is not a great situation for the girls, it is often far preferable to the grinding poverty they would otherwise suffer. As for the comparison to prostitutes in Australian brothels that service 6 men a night, I struggle to see how this is worse.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 7 March 2012 12:11:17 PM
+1 shadow minister. Not to mention the 16 a night for a fraction of the reward they'd probably have to do if they were catering to a local cliental.

The whole anti-asian sex tourism thing is more about controlling men in the West than protecting women in the East.
Posted by dane, Wednesday, 7 March 2012 1:44:19 PM
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 7 March 2012 12:11:17 PM

" ... Not surprising considering they normally cater for men. ... "

I have never been to the Phillipines and had that particular variety of the "Asian Experience" but more than 20 years ago when I was in my late teens I did experience something of Thailand.

" ... One night in BangKok makes the hard man humble ... "

At that time, more than just cater for men, they also had boy bars for the ladies as well as the renowned *Lady Boys* for those with broader tastes. Incidentally, if they've had the op pre puberty, without an in depth examination you'd never know in many cases, at least, I was rather surprised on one particular occassion.

Beyond the big smoke, and in one particular part of Thailand with which I am familiar, there is a revered historical Woman, to whom serious food offerings are sacrificed on "Holy Days."

According to the local oral tradition which was emparted unto me, at a time when Thailand was invaded, and the men all slain or imprisoned, after feeding, the invaders sought entertainment with the local women, but due to preparations made by the *Par* in question, were slain themselves as the opportune moment presented itself during the sexual act, who then freed the men, and drove the remainder of the invaders out.

Strong in *Thailand* is *Luv* for *Family, Buddha, King and Country*

and as *Shadow Minister* has indicated, the "grind of poverty" and lack of "normal work" opportunities for the girls to provide for their parents, their health, and the litters of babies from high school boyfriends who have run off, amongst other issues, has certainly led more than a few "willingly" into prostitution to obtain a share of the international tourist dollar.

(At that time, the australian and north american militaries were docking for service pre service too, as previously mentioned.)

That's not to say of course that there isn't sex slavery however, it's not limited to that.
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 8 March 2012 10:22:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy