The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > UNESCO Commissioner spells out global fallout from Palestine decision > Comments

UNESCO Commissioner spells out global fallout from Palestine decision : Comments

By David Singer, published 18/1/2012

Should politics take precedence over the law? That is the question UNESCO needs to face.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
David. Why would the continuance of programs for the betterment of literacy, gender equality and clean water acquisition in third world countries be of the least concern od interest to organisations and their affiliates who are prepared to use suicide bombs in restaurants and throw rockets at school busses to promote a cause (however justified). The notion of either domestic or international law is of no concequence when the end can justify the means. 'Never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity'.
Posted by Prompete, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 1:37:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah David to we Westerners the ends never justify the means. As a western trained lawyer you should know that.

Why don't you apply that principle.

We Westerners never attempt to punish those who haven't earned punishment.

Why punish 'Hundreds of millions of people in third world countries (who)stand to suffer as these (UNESCO) programs (in literacy, gender equality and clean water) are curtailed or abandoned'

That's a typical and disgusting Israeli attitude.

Why wouldn't you punish those countries who voted to include Palestine in UNESCO?

Too hard?

It's obvious in your thinking any western attitude is precluded becausae of your blatant errant political propagandising..
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 2:12:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yea, let's bully those who can't fight back.

Why don't you campaign to punish these countries and their leaders who voted to admit Palestine.

Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Chile, China, Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Honduras, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Tanzania, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.

Now there is some power among that lot that could crush Israel isn't there?

Your attitude is just bloody cowardly.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 2:21:31 PM
Lets see now, of the countries listed above who voted for the inclusion of the 'as yet non-state' of Palestine, knowing full well the consequences of that vote to the funding arrangements of UNESCO and the consequent budjet hole, that would be a bit over $20m each. Chicken feed for such a noble jesture. 'Put ya money where ya mouth is fellas'.
Posted by Prompete, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 2:41:09 PM
Just another load of old rubbish and a bit of a rehash of his last load of tripe,hows the propaganda dept David still paying by the word by the looks of it,though I see you have a friend as well now.
Israel has turned in a semi Fascist state,no worries for you though David,even the courts are racist,the real terrorists are the IDF and the settlers,hey but that's OK with David and friends whats a few Arabs in the way of Israels Manifest Destiny.
Unfortunately for David and the bible is the literal truth brigade,who seem to reside in the US which oddly enough is where a lot of the Settlers come from,do they keep their US passports so they can head home when things get hard,the rest of the world is seeing through the BS regularly supplied by the Ministry of propaganda and its cohorts like David,are they still locking people up for telling the truth about Israel and its nuclear bombs David.
How long before we get a diatribe about the SBS show the Promise old son or is that left up to others threatening censorship on anyone who deviates from the Israeli line,by crying to their tame gutless politicians in the senate to try and stifle it,Israel is losing friends fast David and you know it,
Posted by John Ryan, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 3:07:58 PM
It appears to me that there is only one opinion when it comes to Palestine's membership to UNESCO and that is of a Zionist Australian Jew. The Palestinian opinion and how they see the results of their membership to UNESCO doesn't seem to exist nor do their plans for the future. I suppose Online Opinion will be looking to Mr Singer to inform us as to what are the Palestinian plans for the future.

This bias is unacceptable and below most Australian Arab expectations of a serious publication that seeks out the opinion and expectations of both sides to a serious problem at the UN.

Mr Singer must realize if he can overcome his tendency to write Israeli propaganda that the Oslo Accord is dead it was killed off by Netanyahu who reneged on the principle agreement of no more settlement building in the West Bank. It also was in Bush's Road to Peace.

I can not believe the printing of two pro Israeli articles back to back without a single word from the Palestinian side. I have always enjoyed reading the articles and comments of Jewish and Arab opinions and felt that all in all Online Opinion was balanced in its treatment of this highly sensitive issue. Today I see that I was wrong and more pro Israeli propaganda bleeds out of an already biased media. I didn't expect this of you Graham I thought you were a professional and serious editor I guess I was wrong.
Posted by Ulis, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 4:20:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy