The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > So much for polar bears: Arctic drilling to begin > Comments

So much for polar bears: Arctic drilling to begin : Comments

By John Daly, published 6/9/2011

Environmentalists in Russia and America have cause for concern.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
So there is to be serious exploration in the Kara Sea, that is good news. I was under the imprssion from other articles in OLO that the earth was explored out, and that there was no possibility of any more oil.

I also see that Dr Daly has leapt from exploration to major production, and has assumed that the oil industry cannot possible improve safety standards. He also points to a collison in which nothing was spilt as an example of just how dangerous everything is. Never mind the vast number of tanker voyages completed safety, look at the one instance where soemthing happened.

If he really wants to stop production, he'll have to do much better than this article.
Posted by Curmudgeon, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 11:18:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do you mean there's oil under the Kara sea. You bewdy. Oil is a bit tight at the moment.

Look, I know where these articles are coming from and I know about the polar bears. The last article on OLO said the polar bears were becoming extinct due to polar ice cap melting. Then I read they fudged the story on the polar bears. A beat up.
Posted by Cheryl, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 1:36:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gee, it sure is tough up there. Who'd be a polar bear, eh.

Far better to be a baby seal.

Oh, wait...

Good to have some positive news about oil, though.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 2:27:34 PM
If that's truth it won't be good for anyone - not for polar bears , not for baby seals , not for the planet .
Posted by used cars australia, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 6:50:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy