The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The myth – homelessness halved in South Australia > Comments

The myth – homelessness halved in South Australia : Comments

By Alice Clark, published 9/8/2011

It is not easy to locate and count rough sleepers to do any kind of a census, which can make homelessness statistics misleading.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Homeless ( 1 )

This so-called “Homelessness” is one of the “Biggest” and “Best Rorts" in the Country !!

"Generating" a, "Massive Financial Turnover" !!

Anyone in this Country that doesn't own a house,

can "legally be declared" or "stated" to be “Homeless” !

In the inner City Brisbane there is over Fifty ( 50 ) venues including mobile food vans, that supply nourishing food
including hot meals, barbecues, sandwiches and hot drinks to anyone that present themselves.
These people are then classed as the “ homeless”
And become “clients”. Thus creating a “Circle of Dependency”
The suppliers of the food ( also clothes ) receive government and private funding ( donations )
As with St. Vinnies and the Salvoes. Volunteers do most of the work.
Many times over years I have placed myself in the position of being “homeless”
by staying and sleeping at friends or relies or got a room at a Boarding House.
Even slept in some very comfortable “empties” to save up money, or, a “bank”.
As many people do. And with “No Responsibilities” !!
It's a “Good Lurk” and a “Good Life” !!
Mission Australia usually supplies a van
to run you back to where you are crashing, if you are “To Pissed” !!

( extract from www.whitc.info )

Arthur Bell.
Posted by bully, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 12:31:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Homeless ( 2 )

It is especially “Beneficial”, “Advantageous” or just plain “Good”
if you happen to be Aboriginal.
Despite the fact that, by today's “Victim Industry” criteria, Aboriginal Peoples have been “Homeless” with our “Traditional lifestyles”
for “Many Thousands of Years” !! And have “Thrived” !!
So we get to have our own “Indigenous Specific” hostels and Housing Co-ops !! And if we choose to sleep in and around the City,
we get supplied with food, blankets, clothing and even medication !!
And transport ! So, you don't really have to go anywhere
or do anything !! Just stay “Pissed and Stoned” !!
And if anyone asks, just repeat the “Magic Word”, “Homeless” !!
People will “Love You". !! They get a chance to “Feel Good”
with “Our Help”. Some of these people are, “Moral Postures”
and call it “Reconciliation”!! And they are that “Grateful”
they will “Do anything For You” !! Even “Give you Money” !!
I have “experienced and observed” this situation “Many Many Times” over “Many Years” and in “Many Cities”
Both as a “Client” and as a “Counsellor

( extract from www.whitc.info )

Arthur Bell
Posted by bully, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 12:32:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
true Bully, there are rorts but it is a two way street, i have checked & the ABS is deliberately avoiding counting "homeless" in Brisbane by not handing out forms at boarding houses. #2, 75% of all public housing is being set aside for migrants.

i agree however that many "social talk" organisations are doing the opposite of "tough love" & keeping people welfare dependent.
Posted by Formersnag, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 3:51:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon if the *BlackFellas* were running the joint everyone would have a place and there would be no "homeless" people.

;-)
Posted by DreamOn, Wednesday, 10 August 2011 2:25:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy