The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Youth voters seek refuge in the Australian Greens > Comments

Youth voters seek refuge in the Australian Greens : Comments

By Kristian Hollins, published 21/7/2011

Now more than ever before, young voters are questioning the information they’re presented, and happy to call ‘bullshit’ when they find it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"Now more than ever before, young voters are questioning the information they’re presented, and happy to call ‘bull....’ when they find it."

This needs to be qualified. Young voters have been brainwashed into believing in AGW, but they fail to question it, resulting in more being misinformed than ever before.
Posted by Raycom, Thursday, 21 July 2011 11:42:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Raycom, perhaps it is you who have been brainwashed into disbelieving in AGW by people who are misrepresenting the science, but that is another topic.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 22 July 2011 9:47:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Oldies don't seem to get it. They have had their time. They are, on the whole, far wealthier than young people who have their whole lives in front of them, so why can't there be some redistribution of all that unused stuff and wealth and property that oldies aren't even using, sheds and garages full of it ?!

'As they age, oldies obviously focus on just themselves, and lose feeling for other people and interest in politics, so it seems completely reasonable for the voting age to be set at fifty or sixty - once someone reaches this age (and after all, they don't much more to contribute), their power to vote is, if anything, harmful to the political activity of society. Perhaps, at first, the voting age should be cut off at sixty five, we can work out the finer details later.

'And surely there are too many old people on TV ? There are too many old people's TV programs, like Midsummer Murder, and D'lile and Pascoe and Helen Mirren. Let's face it, young people are far more beautiful, so deserve much more attention - and not just on TV, but in real life too. So bling shops should be publicly subsidised, and wine cooler too.

'If the wealth of society was properly distributed, so that young people could actually START OUT with their proper share of wealth, then their lives would be so much happier and more exciting, and surely the world owes that much to them ?'

[TBC]
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 22 July 2011 11:23:37 AM
[contd.]

'Clearly, once you get in conversation with young people, they are much more in touch with what is going on in the world. They are dedicated to ending world poverty, for example, starting with their own. They are passionately concerned that Fiji might disappear due to sea-level rise, that the entire planet could be baking in barely 100 or 1000 or 1m years - and who caused that ?

'The oldies had thirty and forty and fifty years to do something about all these problems and what did they do instead ? They just enriched themselves with no care whatever for the Mother Earth, mining it and growing food on it and producing stuff on it, causing pollution - which future generations, us, will have to deal with. So how dare they think they are entitled to any voice in what to do about the very problems that they have caused ?'

Yeah, right.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 22 July 2011 11:26:23 AM
No Bruce, it was Lenin who had his “useful idiots”

Stalin was fair, he executed them just as soon as he executed anti-Bolsheviks or anyone who looked at him for too long.

Churchill, who dressed in cloth of different political hues, through the progress of his life, said this on the matter

“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any
man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

I see Belly “is amused”

At least both Belly and I agree (I bet that annoys him) and see the Greens in a state of imminent demise

JonJ yes… equal distribution will always favour the “have nots” over the “haves”

What the “collectivist” forget is:

It is the individual right to acquire what the haves have which stimulates the economy to produce the taxes used to pay welfare to the have-nots

Loudmouth “' They (the oldies) are, on the whole, far wealthier than young people who have their whole lives in front of them, so why can't there be some redistribution of all that unused stuff and wealth and property that oldies aren't even using, sheds and garages full of it ?”

I was once a young student with all my life ahead of me.

And I was also broke

I have since worked for what I have since acquired (3 houses etc)

I also earn a bit too, based on developed abilities which other people are prepared to pay for.

if you want to rent out one of my garden sheds… hey… make me an offer

But never expect anyone to surrender their property to suit your sense of entitlement

Like Margaret Thatcher said

“People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."

A fact of life is:

The “young” have yet to meet the “obligations” which the “olds” have spent a lifetime making.

My revenge on the young is

If you are lucky, you too will be old one day
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 22 July 2011 12:34:22 PM
Col,

To which a young person may reply:

'Well, how much room does an old person need ? Clear out one of your garden sheds and live in that, I'm entitled to a nice house as much as anyone else, and yours will probably do.

'This just shows the complete greed and unreasonableness of old people, concerned only with themselves and their comforts.

'And they may have a much smaller carbon foot-print now than a young person, but just look how much carbon dioxide they have used throughout their working lives. Disgusting ! All that poison gas pumped into the environment and they couldn't care less !'

...... but I couldn't possibly comment.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 22 July 2011 1:16:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy