The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Confronting Australian attitudes to refugees. > Comments

Confronting Australian attitudes to refugees. : Comments

By Jo Coghlan, published 22/6/2011

The SBS social experiment: Go back to where you came from?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 24
  15. 25
  16. 26
  17. All
Lexi.
You're only saying that because we're White.
You're the one trying to come up with justifications for Genocide, we're just working within the parameters of the U.N convention on the prevention of Genocide.
Saddam Hussein could have stood up in court and denied the existence of "Kurds" or "Shia", he could have come up with all sorts of excuses and exceptions, called them "mixed race mongrels" or whatever...but it wouldn't have saved him because there is no excuse for the perpetration or promotion of Genocide.
It doesn't matter whether YOU think there is such a thing as the White Race or not if I'm accusing you of promoting and excusing the Genocide
of MY race.
By promoting "diversity",you promote the idea that Australia will be stronger with less White people living here, would you care to put a figure on that?
In your opinion, what proportion of children born here should be White?
What measures would you like to see enacted to ensure that your preferred quota of Whites in the population is not exceeded?

Nobody is trying, to reduce the number of Chinese living in Australia, they're working hard to increase their presence.

Nobody is trying, to reduce the number of Afghans living in Australia, they're working hard to increase their presence.

I doesn't matter what trendy code words you use, you're still condoning and promoting the Genocide of my race, what you want is not a solution to Australia's race problem but a final solution to the White problem.
...and as we know, final solutions always come with a wink and a nod and stack of trendy code words for those in on the scheme.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 23 June 2011 6:20:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*For those capable of feeling empathy for another's plight, this program will provide food for thought*

Bronwyn, it certainly did. For instance, what about those poor
Burmese women and children and why are they left behind whilst
healthy young males with enough money from Iraq and Afghanistan
come in first? Does your empathy not include them?
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 23 June 2011 6:21:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jay,

Continued stereotyping of any body - as you're doing with me - even
though you know nothing about me only encourages "counter stereotyping," and that's not something I want to get involved in - because the result is usually a complete breakdown in
communication with labeling and insults being bandied about. I don't view people in terms of their colour, race, religion, or gender. It's a person's human qualities that I find are the primary measure of that person's worth and achievement.

BTW - I don't use "code words," however you can always use a dictionary if your vocabulary is somewhat limited or Roget's Thesaurus which is available at your local library. Any librarian will help you to look up words of more than one syllable that you have difficulty understanding. I will not be interacting with you any further. I shall leave you to your views.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 23 June 2011 6:47:47 PM
The racist, anti-racist debate is not helpful. (And, there is no white Oz anyway, unless it's some country town full of roo shooters.)

This show is educational and confronting, even if some aspects are "weighted", as perhaps in the selection of the travelers, and of the families they get to stay with. (Obviously there would be other refugee families which might not portray such a positive impression as those chosen for this production.)

Nonetheless, the fact is, Oz is involved in immigration - through selection processes, and with refugees, both "legal" and boat people. At least this show provides us with an opportunity to view a small portion of what many refugees face in their journeys.

If we are to form a valid opinion on appropriate treatment of those seeking refuge on our shores, it behooves us to make a reasonable attempt to understand the realities. Too many poor decisions and opinions have been based on incorrect or incomplete information, and this situation is one of considerable complexity.

My favoured position is for action to solve the problems evident in those countries from which the refugees are fleeing - but obviously that will be difficult and will take quite some time and effort to achieve, and is heavily dependent on the will of the first world to take action toward that objective. In the meantime, I would support the use of temporary protection visas for a limited number of genuine refugees - ultimately with a view to repatriation to their (suitably reformed) home countries, when and if that becomes possible.

"Economic" refugees should probably be repatriated as quickly as possible back to their country of birth, or to another "available" alternative.

This show does not alter the great dimension of the world refugee problem, and has not so far offered any solution. Of course, no easy solution exists.

What should Oz do? Work as conscientiously as possible with the UN and all nations toward a timely and effective solution. What is more important - an NBN or a better world? (And, world peace.)
Posted by Saltpetre, Thursday, 23 June 2011 8:04:21 PM
Dear Shalmaneser.

55% of the handgun shootings in the entire state of NSW in 2000 did not occur in Orange, or The Hills, or Wollongong, or Shellharbour, or Randwick, or Wyong. They occurred within the boundaries of two of Sydney’s most notorious ethnic ghettoes, which are noted for their high levels of drug trafficking, violent criminal behaviour, and long term welfare dependence.

Your post is a perfect example of how idealists such as yourself are prepared to shuffle the figures so that you can muddy the water to hide the effects of ethnic crime. I hear that the Sudanese are just about out of control in Victoria, with even the police now fearful of entering public housing areas in Fitzroy or Flemington.

You know Shalmaneser, old Joh Bjelke Peterson knew how to deal with people like you. He used to find out who were the most strident white activists demanding aboriginal self determination, and then he used to find out if they owned their own home. If they did, he used to get an official to approach their next door neighbors, and offer them a fantastic deal to purchase their homes for public housing. Then he used to move aborigines into the houses. As Joh used to say “That always shuts them up.”

I wish Joh was still alive, and he would buy your neighbors’ houses, and then move Sudanese into both of them to give you a reality check.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 23 June 2011 8:24:32 PM
"The racist, anti-racist debate is not helpful. (And, there is no white Oz anyway, unless it's some country town full of roo shooters.)"

Anti-whites like to say there is no such thing as "white" countries, but they define "white" countries, every time they open their pie holes:

A “white” country is any country, you anti-whites INSIST has an obligation, to import huge numbers of third world immigrants.

"Nonetheless, the fact is, Oz is involved in immigration"

All white countries and ONLY white are involved in this "immigration". No white country has ever been allowed to discuss this issue rationally or vote on it. Remember what they did to Pauline Hanson?

So why must all of our countries have this immigration?

Because we are white.

"What should Oz do? Work as conscientiously as possible with the UN and all nations toward a timely and effective solution. What is more important - an NBN or a better world? (And, world peace.)"

All Brown Countries are Poor.

Working for "world peace" by committing GeNOcide against white children, isn't going to change anything for the better.
Posted by AlisonGraham, Thursday, 23 June 2011 8:31:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12