The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Proud to be an Australian Muslim > Comments

Proud to be an Australian Muslim : Comments

By Mohammed Ali, published 4/5/2011

My Australian identity and my religion.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
I realy have no objections to muslims as long as they are willing to integrate into the Australian culture. But experiences through out the world shows that this never happens, for example the Sharia courts setup in the UK. You are offended by our christian celebrations but ignore the fact that we are offended by you barbaric halal slaughter of animals.
you have to rewalise that many of your actions are barbaric.
Marrying children as young as 10.
Circumcising your females and males.
Not allowing women to be educated.
Beheading anyone leaving the muslim faith.
To name just a few.
Yes i know this does not happen in Australia but if Sharia law were to be interoduced into Australia as all good muslims demand these barbaric practices will become not only the norm but required by law.
Posted by ponde, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 8:27:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would agree with Ali that there are many good Muslims in Australia. However because of the broad sprectrum of the Muslim faith it allows educated radicals interpreting the Kora'n to flourish and breed hatred of infidels, Jews and Christians as has happened in Britian, and in Ambon.

Islam is not confined to race it is society of followers of many races, based upon the theocratic laws of an ancient view of Allah and the views of the prophet in the context of his tribal Arabic culture.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 8:28:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Proud to be a muslim? What can you be talking about! Your religious 'faith' arises from your birth and relentless family pressure together with your fear and emotional inability to rationaly examine your twelfth century beliefs in the light of modern science and everyday experience. In this of course you are not alone - you share these charactersitics with the other Abrahamic religions. Even so, believing this twaddle and being part of a world wide group that espouses brutality and ignorance to those both inside and outside of the 'faith' scarcely qualifies as being worthy of pride. Personal pride is - or should be - reserved for genuine personal achievement.
Posted by GYM-FISH, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 9:01:22 AM
I’m confused with the talk of people being “racist” if they were anti-Muslim.

Does that mean that people were asked about Islam and didn’t like it or were they anti-Arab but okay if the Arabs were Christians or some other creed?
Posted by Jewely, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 9:08:45 AM
jewely, apparently if you are anti-muslin, that is construed as racist - since it's convenient to batter anyone who disagrees with the politically correct views in the strongest terms

personally I agree with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, that to tolerate intolerance (muslim intolerance) is cowardice, and that we should challenge all their obsessive intolerance and not change our traditions or society to attempt to reduce their contempt and lack of tolerance for us.

Meet it head on or we are lost
Posted by Amicus, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 9:57:23 AM
Mohammed Ali has tainted an otherwise reasonable position with the illogical conflation of religion and race.

I agree with earlier posts, for the umpteenth time, Islam is an ideology and Moslems are not members of a 'race'. Moslems must not be allowed to use racial villifaction laws as an attempt to silence free speech.
Posted by mac, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 10:28:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy