The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An interview with Norman Finkelstein > Comments

An interview with Norman Finkelstein : Comments

By John Passant and Emanuel Stoakes, published 14/4/2011

Israel should stop behaving like a 'lunatic' state.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The interview with Finkelstein is valuable. I would have appreciated more attention on the dynamics between Fatah and the working class in the West Bank, following the Wikileaks revelations and the uprising in Egypt. The former confirmed the close collusion between the Israeli security forces and Fatah in the use of terror. Indeed, Western governments have invested heavily to keep Hamas & Fatah divided. The recent protests aimed at uniting Gaza & the West Bank raise the possibility of Israeli forces directly defending the Palestinian Authority. That seems more likely than the withdrawal Finkelstein suggests.
Posted by Langenstrass, Thursday, 14 April 2011 9:41:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Am struck by the similarities between the Palestine Authority and the Labor government in Australia!
Ok, I digress.
This country is also bad when it comes to this constant Lobby noise, this gravitates against an engagement with the facts and with reality.
Finkelstein sounds like a good antidote to the ABC and Imre Salusinsky, thanks Passant and Stoakes.
Posted by paul walter, Thursday, 14 April 2011 11:59:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, I also thank the two gentlemen involved. Interesting comment.

The world is finally coming to the realisation that the pariah state is running out of steam. The continuous daily expulsion of Christians, Muslms and all other ethnicities other than Zionists from Jerusalem is showing the world clearly the arrogance and disdain that Israel holds for anyone else, anywhere.

They have used up their box if dirty tricks, now nauseatingly well known to the world. The free world is going to see major changes and alignments in 2011 as the middle east searches for those leaders who will not do dirty deals with the US, who will promote the freeing of Palestine from occupation, aparthied and inhumane treatment and who will edge closer to European countries as opposed to the totally compromised US, a default Jewish state. The time to consider the US as a broker for anything but their own self-interest, their burgeoning Afghanistan military-supported drug business and their control of world oil, has long since gone. It has no credibility left and certainly no respect.
Even the US people will see the promotion by Israel of an attack on Iran as being just another Iraq, based on lies being promulgated daily through the Jewish media worldwide and Murdoch in particular.

The borders to Palestine will open, through Egypt, a new flotilla will be seen in Palestinian waters in May, the UN will start to pressure all the nations in the world to act responsibly and disregard the US veto for Israel, which removed the US as an independent nation thirty years ago. Israel and America, both intensely disliked countries, will suffer together as they should. There are just too many decent fair-minded people in the world to accept any other solution.

Sadly, in this country, we are just a bit player on the world stage seen as having a totally compromised foreign policy thanks to Gillard’s control by the Melbourne Zionists. We will be seen as having no independence, diminishing even further a small but once respected voice in our Pacific region, undoing years of effort
Posted by rexw, Thursday, 14 April 2011 5:05:13 PM
The Isrealies should stop provoking the Palistinians by not building on more & more Palistinian land. Then the Palistinians might stop (I don't think so though) sending rockets in to Isreal, then the Isrealies wouldn't have to retaliate.
As regards to human shields, of course the Palistinians use human shields. They are mostly civilians who operate the rockets. They operate them in areas where they know that when the Isrealies retliate, women & kids (as well as some of them) will get killed. But as they are really civilians (operating the rockets) then "civilians" get killed. Durr...
I'm really sick & tired of both their antics, so I don't really care what happens to either of them. They deserve each other.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 14 April 2011 10:16:42 PM
Jayb,

I fully agree with what you wrote except for one point: I do care what happens there - not because of their sorry antics, but because my family lives there and I want them to be safe and well. My family does not build or live on Palestinian lands and I don't believe that they deserve it!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 15 April 2011 12:56:48 AM
RexW, your comment above says it all and echoes much of what I think but am sick of saying.

In Australia there is little real knowledge about or caring for the Palestinians. The MSM has done its job. If you watched Sky News on Thursday night and saw David Speers do a job on a Palestinian-friendly Green Senator you'd know what I mean. Our media is nearly as bad and biased as that in the U.S.

And Julia, well she's a disgrace as well as a part-time Israel apologist.

http://dangerouscreation.com
Posted by David G, Friday, 15 April 2011 4:14:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy