The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Let it be FYROM, at least until we can agree > Comments

Let it be FYROM, at least until we can agree : Comments

By Con Kouremenos, published 3/3/2011

A locational adjective is all that stands between Macedonia and the resolution of its name dispute.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
"Some critical points were that it discusses the Greek civil war, yet does not mention that this civil war was between Greeks, but also with the involvement of the Tito Regime via the Slav-Macedonians of the Vardar region (which FYROM refers to as 'Aegean Macedonia')."

Con, this is incorrect. The Vardar region is NOT Aegean Macedonia. Vardar is FYROM itself. Perhaps you were trying to make the point that Slavs consider the region of Macedonia within Greek territory (where the Civil War raged), Aegean Macedonia.
Posted by Savvas Tzionis, Thursday, 3 March 2011 1:17:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Hellenic Republic's ideology of intolerance of ethnic minorities within its borders and of its peaceful neighbor Macedonia must be rejected by the UN, the EU, NATO and Australia as it does not fit in with universal values of freedom, self-identification and multi-ethnic co-existence and cooperation.

The political class in Greece has created an artificial problem for itself and for others by using the name dispute as a mechanism to prevent Macedonia's entry into NATO and the EU.

Greece and its puppets in Australia have absolutely no right or legitimacy to dictate what sovereign nation's should be called.
Greece is petrified that it will have to pay compensation to the Macedonian and other refugees it has expelled from Aegean Macedonia only to bring expelled Greek refugees from Turkey
Posted by Macedonian advocacy, Thursday, 3 March 2011 3:00:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Can you lot debate this in another country please ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 3 March 2011 7:17:49 PM
Where has the article gone?

The whole page has loaded, except for the article. Is anyone else experiencing this?

individual, I had picked you for a more tolerant person than that. If the matter is important to Greeks and Macedonians living in Australia, then they - and other interested parties - are free to discuss it here, either in person or online. I think you're being a bit unfair.
Posted by Otokonoko, Thursday, 3 March 2011 7:31:53 PM
Hi Otokonoko, surprised no-one else pointed this out. I managed to leave a <div> tag in the text which caused the problem. It has been removed and problem solved.

And I obviously think they have a perfect right to debate the issue here, but I think we might have had our fill of it for a while.
Posted by GrahamY, Thursday, 3 March 2011 8:40:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual, I had picked you for a more tolerant person than that.
Otokonoko,
So did I and I actually am but when will they ever agree ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 4 March 2011 4:56:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy