The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Egypt: more than Revolution 2.0 > Comments

Egypt: more than Revolution 2.0 : Comments

By Tony Sullivan, published 8/2/2011

The Internet has allowed a cadre of younger Egyptians to run the street level protests, but will they be marginalised after the revolution?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I have Egyptian friends here in Australia who are concerned for their Coptic family and friends in Egypt.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 9 February 2011 4:03:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is anyone asking "who" is pulling the levers of this so called 'revolution' ?

I think the evidence for that will be found in anyone 'addressing the crowds'....

But if there isn't anyone group or groups pushing the people out there... it would mean that all Mubarak has to do is simply outlast them. Unless they have resources to live with, pay the bills, and can have the reasonable expectation of a quick solution.... they will fade with attrition....and it will all come to nothing.

I prefer to think there are specific forces at work behind the scenes.

I suggest those forces are:

a)Muslim brotherhood
b)Communists.

In either case.. it would not end well for anyone.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Wednesday, 9 February 2011 6:28:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALGOREisRICH, that's a fairly simplistic view of the tragic events in Egypt, isn't it? Was it not Western powers, specifically the US who installed Mubarak under a cloud of secrecy proclaimed to be "democratic"?
Egyptians do not believe that 'democracy' as enacted by the current leader is really their cup of tea. The money the US has provided to Mubarak each year has been siphoned off and spent on better arms instead of feeding the hungry masses. If that is how they treat their people then I am not surprised that many would prefer the Muslim Brotherhood or Communism. As the saying goes, you feed them peanuts and you breed monkeys. There must be better ways to ensure that the radical Muslims do not get their fingers on every country, but it can only happen if we treat the people of each country with respect and preserve their dignity. Mubarak is an example of how NOT to do it. As a capitalist he has lost touch with reality and must go, for the sake of a safer Middle East.
Posted by lizhu, Wednesday, 9 February 2011 9:37:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy