The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is local government capable of responding? > Comments

Is local government capable of responding? : Comments

By Robert Gibbons, published 28/1/2011

So much of natural disaster management lies with our third tier of government, but is it the best to deal with it?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
As a CONSTITUTIONALIST I would urge Robert to at least be aware that a municipal/shire council is not a level of government but is no more but a corporation to represent ratepayers.
As a candidate in the Broadmeadows District (Victoria) as well as in Olympia Ward (Banyule)I anticipate to educate people that we need to get away from party politics and elect INDEPENDENT candidates who will pursue the real interest of electors rather then party doctrine.
for Victoria I urged the creation of a dyke to protect in future time the Port Philip Bay area and the coast line. We need planning ahead. Why on earth didn't they have protection for the Brisbane central area is beyond me? The Federal government also must be held accountable for failing to control the water flow from navigational rivers/ports, etc.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Monday, 31 January 2011 9:44:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy