The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In the fullness of time we got Fullilove > Comments

In the fullness of time we got Fullilove : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 14/1/2011

In promulgating the case against Assange the Lowy Institute is acting as an apologist for the US.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
In promulgating the case for Assange, Haigh is acting as an apologist for the anti-US left. But who cares what he thinks?
Posted by KenH, Friday, 14 January 2011 9:23:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well done, On Line Opinion for holding to a broadsheet position, one gets so sick of the line run on these issues by the Age, SMH and OZ and other AIJAC mouthpieces.
Thanks Bruce, for a succinct summary and one can only despise Michael Fullilove (a local Daniel Pipes?) for his contemptible effort.
Disclosures, Michael?
Posted by paul walter, Friday, 14 January 2011 9:45:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Half-baked is right. Fullilove also peddled this same pompous twaddle in an article in the Drum December 16 titled "Wikileaks: fruit of an unhealthy tree."

In which he made the astonishing comment that the cables tell us nothing new.

It remains a source of great mystery to me as to how anyone can know this, given we've had only a fraction of what's coming.

Certainly I have been interested in and informed by some of what we've had so far.

Fullilove is arrogant - he doesn't get the fundamental point of Wikileaks - that it does indeed reduce the knowledge gap between governments and people. A gap that has grown far too wide.

If I wanted to be really spiteful I could suggest that people like Fullilove prefer it that way - after all, he knows everything that's going to be in the cables - but he doesn't think the rest of us need to.

But I don't want to be really spiteful. Just a little bit.
Posted by briar rose, Friday, 14 January 2011 11:20:19 AM
If it's a matter of "the truth verses the American government" - then that doesn't say much for the American Government.
It seems that high-profile critics of Wikileaks and Assange are in one way or another attempting to protect U.S. hegemony. After all, when secrecy and collusion are part of normal operating procedure, exposure could spoil the party.
Fullilove was merely doing his part by adding another sandbag to shore up the base of the prevailing state of affairs.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 January 2011 1:25:32 PM
The mongrel was dealing in stolen goods.
Posted by 579, Friday, 14 January 2011 1:36:12 PM

We are indebted to you for another scintillating commentary on the morality at play in the Wikileaks saga. (I take it you're not referring to Fullilove)
You're obviously in favour of all news outlets being prosecuted for - as you call it - "dealing in stolen goods".
There is no law against facilitating the exposure of leaked material. It has been suggested that in lieu of such a law, the Americans are looking instead at trying to pin collusion on Assange regarding Bradley Manning's contribution to Wikileaks
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 January 2011 1:57:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy