The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Book Review: The Bride Stripped Bare is classic 30-something chick lit > Comments

Book Review: The Bride Stripped Bare is classic 30-something chick lit : Comments

By Paul Maley, published 12/1/2004

Paul Maley argues Nikki Gemmell's book, The Bride Stripped Bare, sounds a very stern warning to all men

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
As a mere Man reading this Confession of a "Good" wife (or "that f-ing book" as I called it to my Girlfirends whom I was texting on the subject)- it did leave me reeling - and I am not married (& may never do so now ha ha!).

Whilst I could understand the rage, the need for her to explore, devour, live - (and I know it was an insight into the female psyche at it's most base - which we Men rarely see) - however her wicked, blatant deceit coupled with the fact she wanted to stay in her marriage and have babies with the Man she so easily deceived (we Men are easily lied to because we never expect it from a female whom we "love" - not when she looks deep into our eyes whilst the act is executed so well) - it just left me feeling "Empty" - morose, alone and bereft of hope. And that is a sad way to read the heart of a Woman.
Posted by ThePoet, Wednesday, 20 April 2005 7:48:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy