The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Baby Jesus smashes systems of order > Comments

Baby Jesus smashes systems of order : Comments

By Mark Johnson, published 17/12/2010

The Jesus of Christmas is iconoclastic - smashing our preference for order.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Rhain.

"If we ignore this social dimension we fail to meet the demands of our faith. This demand calls many Christians to work in charities, NGOs and social services, politics etc.......

.....well then that leaves your religion wide open for criticism, and with that..........you should not be getting up-set. Evangelism is now seen as the pushing weapon of choice that most will repel......and I like how you have avoided the question of the effects of religion on second and third world people.

I agree all must see their beliefs through in all that's commonsense, however one must have a responsibility too others....and I thank you for the respect.........on what the negatives of old writings can have. Good and evil is just an interpenetration on what the pagan people observed upon a reflection...........which one can see in the animal kingdom. Baby Jesus smashes systems of order........after much investigation.......in the 21 century........many naive cultures just existed on the "your word for it"........but in the first world places.........hopes have all but gone. ( believing in ) The little believing new world of people.....are going to be hard to convince.... so your point which I agree on is just fine and respectively so.

There are a few posters on here......that make Christianity unbearable to read....no matter responding to........and I believe this is causing embarrassment to those that are not extremists........and that just wish to live and let live.....with-out pushing the gender to the point of too far.

I may not believe.........However the tree is up, gifts are under the shining stars that hang and shimmer, with the songs of joy.....and will ring through-out the time you give your respects to the birth of your Jesus.....which brings you happiness.

Oh and try not to eat too much:)

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Monday, 20 December 2010 7:44:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Deep Blue

I agree with you that Catholicism’s prohibition on contraception is harmful in the developing world. I also doubt that it’s obeyed much, as falling fertility rates attest.

Against this you have to weigh the great good that religion can do for people in developing countries, whether working to improve material conditions, pushing for changes in the political systems that perpetuate poverty, or simply giving hope and meaning to lives that are otherwise often pretty grim. There’s a reason that Christianity is growing in poor countries even as it’s declining in its old power base in the West.

I’m not upset, I have enjoying this discussion. Even the discourteous posters are interesting to follow, and you’re not one of those.

Have a joyful Christmas, in whatever fashion seems good to you.

And I’ll try to watch the calories!
Posted by Rhian, Monday, 20 December 2010 11:21:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i have only read the first page of your taddle
and see not a real lot of info

worse you call the messenger god
have you not heard the ten command-meants
there is the rule..of having no god before god

so at least get that right

anyhow i mentioned your twaddle here
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4184&page=0

i had to cut this from the last post
so leave it here..just to finish off that thought
[then go to read the comments]

which dont read too well
going/from the first two replies

anyhow this belongs here

there is also the runour that jesus can turn sewrage into water
but he tells us ..to inform the settlers..he dont swing that way..and for them to stop sending it downhill into the meager water supply

he advises that..one third of the world
hasnt got pottable water/supply
[clean-drinkable water]...

and sending..even more settler sewrage..isnt good enough

he reminds them[and us]..that we do to the least
we do to god..[dont say you wernt told]

he is angry with the ursury/banking cartel
and says support the audit of the fed

as well as reaching out and touching someone
put a little love in ya hearts folks
where is the love?
Posted by one under god, Monday, 27 December 2010 6:40:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner is correct
seems the comment should have been directed here
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=11375&page=0

hope i dont get into trouble..putting up my patch/fix
linking back the comment
to the topic

i relieved to find gray
is as hunam as the rest of us

it does look a rather long thread
going to take all day to read it
65 pages..[or so..from memory]

of athiestic thinking
oh lord why do you help me notice these things
why cant i just..let it be..its not easy being me..nor he

anyhow thats why i went off
this time limited.. topic

xmass cards..has lots more life in it
so lets wait..and see
Posted by one under god, Monday, 27 December 2010 7:19:47 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner is correct...lol.....OUG....It must be lonely out there....come in...where its warm:) Its alright to be Human, as it started.

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Friday, 7 January 2011 10:48:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy