The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Who framed the Playboy bunny? > Comments

Who framed the Playboy bunny? : Comments

By Elizabeth Reid Boyd, published 15/12/2010

In the history of brands, there are few as successful as the Playboy bunny.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
So what was that all about?

What is the author actually saying?

Has feminism reacher the stage of being necessary, but saying nothing?
Posted by vanna, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 7:29:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vanna

I understand - just not fair, there are no Playboy Boy Bunnies. How demeaning for us blokes.

Men should be bunnies too.
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 7:49:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
and Johnny.. men should be Mannies (Nannies) too...shouldn't they ? :)
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 9:07:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boazy

Of course men should be "mannies".

I'm betting the evil, evil feminists wouldn't let Hefner employ men as boy-bunnies. Right, Vanna?
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 9:13:20 AM
More seriously though:

"The bunny signified oppression of women as poor dumb animals, caught in the spotlight of the male gaze."

Well...that's ONE perspective.. the feminist creed version.

I'd love to run with that kind of argument as a conservative Christian.. it seems 'reasonable and logical'...no?

But I suspect that feminists are more concerned with the thought that MALES see them that way....irrespective of how the women feel themselves.

The whole point about feminism was that females can be 'strong independant' people who make their own decisions about to whom, when and where they grant their sexual favors.

So I doubt that they really worry about the 'fact' of the bunnie's.. nope..it's about educating men. Anything which "Looks" like exploiting women is a no no... but the specific thing they do doesn't matter..

The opposition to bunnies is nothing other than Feminazi/Ayutollah chagrin to how it LOOKS.... and that it might reinforce the 'idea' of women being sex objects.

I'll just about guarantee what if the Playboy clubs put WHIPS in the hands of the bunnies, and bit of black latex and told them to 'act fe-macho' and 'in charge' the Feminazi's would be jumping up and down in joy and ranting about how GOOOOOD it is.

Such is my cynicism about Feminism.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 9:15:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boazy

"I'll just about guarantee what if the Playboy clubs put WHIPS in the hands of the bunnies, and bit of black latex and told them to 'act fe-macho' and 'in charge' the Feminazi's would be jumping up and down in joy and ranting about how GOOOOOD it is."

A lot of men pay for that service, therefore a lot of men think it is "GOOOOOD".

"Such is my cynicism about Feminism."

Such is your complete ignorance about feminism.
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 9:24:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy