The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Body of evidence > Comments

Body of evidence : Comments

By Rose Cooper, published 29/12/2010

If 'beauty is truth' then it was time to bite the bullet and allow the truth the chance to be perceived as beauty.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Great stuff. A refreshing change to all the usual angular male stuff that gets featured on this site.

Men are angular. Women are spherical. If you paint women, you paint the entire universe. Every woman is a particularization of the one thing - the "She", the universal power.
A woman's body rotating expresses the unity of existence. It is all just "She".
A room without furnishing, and women rotating within it - this is the principal subject of painting.
Posted by Ho Hum, Wednesday, 29 December 2010 9:54:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I love your article and photos Rose, they are beautiful.

Dating back to my primary school years I have always been attracted to people who have freckles, dimples, and smiles!

How can anyone ever say a person is ugly or unattractive when people all possess their own special and unique features! Ranging from our own eye shape and colour, eyebrows, high cheekbones, interesting teeth, a beauty spot on faces, life's wrinkles [you do not appear to have any Rose, what beautiful skin and face for 49yrs]!! Eyebrows and the different angles and arches, I love looking at every individual and seeing what God gave them.

For instance, your features [eyes, eyebrows, cheek bones and chin] in your first photograph tell me a little more about you personally although I may be wrong.

I see determination and success, practicality, firmness yet love and fairness, taking everything in your stride, a clever business side in recent years and involving some innovations and concepts to assist people, a great sense of humour when the going gets tough, a hint of sadness that you have come to terms with recently, and above all, a face of expressions that says "I intend powering through so many activities commencing 2011".

Enjoy every moment Rose, you deserve it.
Posted by we are unique, Wednesday, 29 December 2010 11:04:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I enjoyed the observations of 'ho hum' and 'unique' you have a unique ability to read faces! Or..you've been reading my mail. Scarily accurate.

Re: wrinkles...I have loads of them, but Jason's brilliant with lighting.

I completely concur with your appreciation of beauty in all it's forms and it's quite often that the very thing we find most unattractive about ourselves is the very thing that other's find interesting and unique. We could go on and on...but thanks for your comment.
Posted by Rose C, Wednesday, 29 December 2010 12:03:04 PM
Rose thanks, a beautiful telling of your experience.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 29 December 2010 3:57:38 PM
An uplifting article Rose, and I admire your guts!

Might I say however, that you seem to have a really nice figure in your 49th year of age, and that it may be just a little easier for someone as lovely as you to bare all!

I hope all 'mature' women feel beautiful in some way too, because many women of this age are often not really 'seen' in society anymore, like they were in their youth.

Women like Helen Mirren, Sophia Loren, Princess Caroline of Monaco, and Jane Fonda, to name a few, may help to change those views.

I feel annoyed at times that older men still seem to be utilised in roles on TV, theatre and films, while roles for most older women seem to disappear as they get older. :(
Posted by suzeonline, Wednesday, 29 December 2010 8:07:51 PM
Personally, I think that our perception of what is beautiful,
changes over the years.

Yes, we have some inbuilt innate attractions for good evolutionary
reasons, to youth, perky breasts and healthy young skin, etc.

But we are also thinking individuals and we soon realise how
shallow this all is. I've met females, who on first appearance
seemed like little more then another plain Jane.

Yet on getting to know them, on learning what makes them tick,
on learning what they think and feel and why, I've discovered
one incredibly beautiful mind. At that moment, all the rest
becomes insignificant.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 29 December 2010 9:18:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy