The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The WikiLeaks ravage - part II > Comments

The WikiLeaks ravage - part II : Comments

By Johan Lagerkvist, published 13/12/2010

Inspired by a modern-day Robin Hood, activists battle for transparency and the internet’s soul.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I think the whole wikileaks saga has developed into something more than it actually is. The US have in a way given it more credibility than maybe it deserves. By having people involved in US politics asking to have Assange charged with numerous acts in the US. Instead of acting and doing something about what has been leaked they set out to persecute and give more credence to one man who is not Wikileaks. The people who leaked the information are the heroes not Assange. Australia's PM also looks weak in this area and really should be focusing on allowing Assange to have the correct and unbiased support, this was not something David Hicks experienced. He may have been guilty but he was not treated humanely. In fact Guantanamo Bay was set up so the US could get away with mistreatment.The British from what I remember came to the aid of their people who were under investigation. These people again may have been criminals but in the western world and our fight for democracy did we not want people treated fairly even if we disagreed with what they have done? This has not occurred with the US or other nations in the Western World. America looks pathetic in most peoples eyes and this is what is shown in the Wikileaks fiasco. They have turned Assange into some freedom fighting hero. No one will ever know the truth regarding the Charges he is facing in Sweden. What is by chance he did commit a crime, it does not matter as far as most of his supporters are concerned it is a set up. So if he is convicted of a crime it will be considered a set up and people out to get him. If he is let off then people will still say the same thing but be happy. Sometimes people with good ideas can commit horrible crimes. The world will never know the truth as their is no fairness left anymore
Posted by gothesca, Monday, 13 December 2010 1:34:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
WE AT THE JUNKIES AGAINST CRIME SALUTE THE WIKI LEAKS TEAM AS HEROES OF THE MODERN DAY .It is a shame Julia Gillard do sent understand that common people find the truth much more interesting than political lies. Well i hope she doesn't get voted in next election as it will be an embarrassment to honest people every were.
Posted by motorcyclemessiah, Monday, 13 December 2010 2:21:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Julia Gillard has proven democracy is dead for the moment and we need to remove her and anyone else who does not support the true meaning of democracy.People who have leaked the documents are the real heroes Assange has just allowed this to happen. He is a private person and does not like all the attention.
Posted by gothesca, Monday, 13 December 2010 2:29:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
" think the whole wikileaks saga has developed into something more than it actually is."

I agree : The people/ person who leaked this info is not a hero, explain how leaking general (boring) diplomatic cables is heroic. If the info leaked revealed any significant plots/lies/conspiracies, then perhaps credit could be given. If anyone is surprised by the contents of the leaks then they are not very well informed of world affairs anyway. Assange's biggest mistake is putting his face as wikileaks. Have you seen the banner with his face on their site? Its ridiculous. My prediction is that he will not be charged with anything significant and that wikileaks will break into pieces due to politics and their new found fame.
Posted by Stezza, Monday, 13 December 2010 3:46:18 PM
I agree with what you have said, I am more concerned Assange will be treated unfairly well he will and the females will as well.Whether he has committed a crime or not he deserves a fair trial. The western world as a whole I am being general here, have proven that they do not value democracy.
This is not democratic at all this is a witch hunt. Some of the initial cables that have been leaked have proven to be useful in bringing to light or really confirming to some people who do not understand worldly affairs. Cant really hold that against people who are not informed I think more people will learn to be now I hope so anyway. As I have stated the two things are separate. Unless proven without a doubt he was set up people need to realise that correlation is not causation. Committing a sex crime in a country that has specific laws around this has nothing to do with what Wikileaks stands for. Politicians need to keep their personal opinions out of this. It is to late and justice cannot prevail here
Posted by gothesca, Monday, 13 December 2010 4:42:35 PM
Stezza,

I totally agree. There is nothing here so far that is more than mildly embarressing, at least as far as the public interest is concerned.

Assange, A legend in his own mind and a hero among the blobosphere.

Most are too dishonest to admit that this is about damaging the US and its allies. Assange himself has said as much.

I don't suppose that the cheersquad will wonder why there are no diplomatic cables from countries like China or Iran, or Noth korea.
Posted by PaulL, Monday, 13 December 2010 7:17:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy