The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Community versus corporation > Comments

Community versus corporation : Comments

By Gavin Mooney, published 28/9/2010

Alcoa gets its own way with Yarloop

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dear Prof. Mooney,

Your article has enraged me and will sadden people with a sense of decency who read it. But neither you nor, I presume, Martin Bruekner and Diann Ross, the authors of ‘Under Corporate Skies’, have attempted to suggest any form of counteraction likely to help the victims of corporate arrogance.

Sir Alcoa is not the only corporation we have; this is the era of corporate super power. You know that the mums and dads who own a share in a corporation or park their savings in a bank want the dividends or the interest.

And you know that every politician of a government, democratic or dictatorial, has to obey the corporations dictate or succumb to their power. Should I mention past conflicts or current ones where the offense is initiated by humanly irresponsible executives managing collective wealth?

We are all with our hands in this crime, except those who live ‘hand to mouth day by day’. You mention, those who live (or should we say die) in Yarloop, just because they are under your nose but the world’s majority of people are in need of bread or justice

None of us can reach for a solution, not because there is no solution, but because it would require sacrifices that we are not prepared to accept.
Posted by skeptic, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 10:15:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy