The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > McCarthy in Israel > Comments

McCarthy in Israel : Comments

By Neve Gordon, published 6/9/2010

Israeli academe, once considered a bastion of free speech, has become a testing ground for the assault on liberal values.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I would like to quote a well respected foreign correspondent

Alan Hart is a former ITN and BBC Panorama foreign correspondent who covered wars and conflicts wherever they were taking place in the world and who specialized in the Middle East.
His Latest book is called Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jew. He stated…..
“ I think it could and should be said that Zionism succeeded, probably beyond its own best expectations, in transforming the obscenity of the Nazi holocaust from a lesson against racism and fascism and all the evils associated with them into an ideology that seeks to justify anything and everything the Zionist state does. War crimes and all”.

One should also add besides war crimes the restriction of struggle, free speech and any view that is contrary to the government dogmas dictated by the rightwing Netanyahu’s of Israel and the transplanted neoconservatives, fresh from outstanding failures in the US as advisers to Bush, having promoted through false flags the Iraq war, the Afghanistan war and if they have their way, the planned war in Iran.

What is included in the writings of Neve Gordon in this article is just a visible next step in the process, well under way in 2010. The final brainwashing of the Israeli population.
The transfiguration of the population of poor, homeless Jews and the millions that followed the original settlers, to a population which has now become a mixture of extreme arrogance and insufferable self-righteousness and has developed into the most dangerous state on the planet. View any candid footage of unguarded comments from any street, café or meeting place in Israel and you will note the disdain shown to all other nationalities, everywhere.
The respect the world had for Jewish people, their early plight and since then, their achievements, has now transferred into a dislike of everything touched by such an arrogant state based on their hatred and malice.

How does one teach students in that environment, Neve?]

The era of the Jew has been supplanted by the age of the Zionist. The self destruction stage has now begun.
Posted by rexw, Monday, 6 September 2010 2:24:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rexw
Your racist generalisations and abaurd overstatements ("most dangerous state on the planet") show you to be no better than the political ideologues trying to silence Neve.
Posted by Rhian, Monday, 6 September 2010 2:54:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rhian :
Your personal attack on Rexr is an attempt to slay the messanger (hoping to thereby stifle legitimate critism). That is what the article is complaining about , isn't it ?
I would be very worried if you lived in Australia . I would be even more worried if you enjoyed Australian citizenship .
Posted by Oz, Monday, 6 September 2010 8:38:59 PM
So Rhian,rexw is racist while the ethnic cleansing of the Palistinians by the Zionists is a noble objective?

The Zionists had good teachers in the form of the Nazis.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 6 September 2010 8:41:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay and Oz

I’m not defending Israel’s record or Neve’s critics, nor am I trying to silence anyone. But anyone who talks of a nation as “a mixture of extreme arrogance and insufferable self-righteousness,” and of a universal dislike for Jewish people (not even Israelis) based on their “hatred and malice” is self-evidently racist. I would (and have) said the same of anyone using the similar terms of (for example) Muslims and Arabs.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, and you certainly don’t neutralise hatred and bigotry with more of the same.
Posted by Rhian, Monday, 6 September 2010 10:12:42 PM
And I should care because....?

No, seriously, why should I or anyone in Australia care what happens in Israel?
Posted by lentaubman, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 8:33:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy