The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rural views to decide election outcome > Comments

Rural views to decide election outcome : Comments

By Ben Rees, published 1/9/2010

The role of three rural independents in the outcome of the 2010 elections is generating substantial urban media attention.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I enjoyed reading this article.

While I am on the record as supporting freer trade, i have always thought the concept is hardly perfect.

I think that the issue of freer trade will rightfully get much attention in coming years as the impact of certain communities is much more severe. also, what is seen as gains for Australia, such as lower prices for food from imports, does indeed have a detrimental impact on our industries (vital to rural communities).
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 8:49:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An excellent Article.

Based upon this , one of first " requests " from Bob Katter & Co should be that the Reserve Bank be reregulated.

That,then should entail their having to stop propping up the "value" of the Australian Dollar. Let it drop (to say US60cents)so that our Exporters can get a greater return for their products.

Of course . LCD Televisions as well as BMWs and Mercs will increase in price, greatly , one hopes.

Increased Prices can only assist our local Electronics Industry ,( Assuming we still have one !) and our struggling Auto Industries to survive.
Posted by Aspley, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 11:57:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is an article by a farmer who knows the patient is sick, but has no real idea what will fix the malaise. I am one of a widespread and growing group called the United Christian Constitutional Law Group advocating a return to the rule of law, and political accountability in the courts, by governments. The rot started in 1970, in New South Wales when the then Liberal Government based in the city of Sydney, accepted bribes from Abe Saffron to give Judges unlimited power in New South Wales. Parliament has been irrelevant ever since. Bribery and pressure groups have ruled New South Wales ever since.

Big City government started with the New South Wales Barrister in 1972. He continued the Liberal rot, and as a barrister probably took Abe’s bounty. They do not understand because they stopped going to law school when they left primary school. Both the Roman Catholic and Anglican Churches have lost their kids after school ended, because they did not understand that Church is a law school. The country is still not able to elect an Atheist Prime Minister. The imbeciles in the Labor Party did not understand that central truth.

Why do you think KR has a beautific smile. He told them so, and they failed to listen. He almost was able to restore Christian rule, and was moving to make Australia a One God country again. The Atheists and Greens, have to have multifarious Gods, called Judges and Magistrates, to carry out their directions mindlessly.

When a person worships Baal, as the Greens do, they can have numerous Gods. A Christian can only have one. That God is a triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The only court a Christian can accept must have all three present. The Justice representing the Queen and Almighty God as executive officer. The Jury representing the body of Christ, from Matthew 18 Verse 20, and the Holy Spirit represented in the collective mind of 12 individuals, keeping the promise of Almighty God to Jesus Christ, in John 5:22-23, that He would be the government, in spirit
Posted by Peter the Believer, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 2:35:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Once again Ben a great expose into the reason the bush is buggered.

The redefining of the concept of full employment has been a terrible thing to visit upon the people who can least afford to manage their lifes, wonder why somebody hasn't written this before, we live in the bush and feel agreived by the activity of both governments and Bob Katter seems to have the best handle on it to me.

That the EU had the concept of Engles law covered tells me of awfull incompetence and even treasonable neglegence bt those who purport to represent the bush.I must chase up the treaty of Rome.

The result of all this has been as you say a transfer of power and wealth to the strongest in our community from the weakest.

Maybe the independents can begin the long task of turning it around.

If freer trade means the bush become fly in fly out then I am not in favour of it.
Posted by Nev, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 5:53:57 PM
Peter the Babbler: << When a person worships Baal, as the Greens do... >>

The anti-Green rhetoric just gets nuttier and nuttier. Peter, I've been a member of the Greens for nearly 10 years, and I've never seen Baal in any documentation or communication, nor indeed in any verbal interaction.

Not that I think anybody in their right mind takes you seriously, but can I ask you to please stop making things up?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 7:10:47 PM
Agriculture free trade was mentioned.
My understanding of the agriculture free trade agreements was that they only applied to the income side of the farmers trading.
Surly free trade would also apply to the cost side of the farmers trading as well?
If it does not, then calling it free trade is absolutely wrong.
More like exploitation agriculture trade.
This explains why agriculture is in the doldrums and people talk about food crises. It is caused by govt policy
Posted by dunart, Thursday, 2 September 2010 11:10:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy