The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Election day and the state of policy debate > Comments

Election day and the state of policy debate : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 23/8/2010

On election day it was interesting to observe newspapers to assess the extent that key issues were still on the political radar.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Iam not a labor or liberal voter, but what a stitch up this election was by Channel nine`s Karl, Lisa and Laurie Oakes.
It was the most biased campaign covered by a television station i have ever seen, labor didnt have a hope in hell, of getting the votes they needed to form government, the negative press toward labor by Oakes and his whipping partners Karl and Lisa after Rudd got the flick was a joke.
Iam sure Rudd and Oakes had something going on between them,(make your own mind up on what i may be talking about there, its probably both). Even on the night of the election before W.A. had finished voting Karl and Lisa still kept being rude and obnoxious toward Labor members on there panel.
I thought the Today show was getting better but it has returned to the dark old days and will end up with poor ratings once again and I bet Lisa being female will be the scapegoat again.
Posted by Knuckles, Monday, 23 August 2010 10:01:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris, what ever Peter van Onselen or anyone else may have reported is of little consequences what is relevant is what is appropriate by our constitution! Raillink is not an issue for the Commonwealth but for the s.101 Inter-State Commission. Oops none since 1987! Well there you go. It amazes me that with my crummy English, as a CONSTITUTIONALIST, I seem to be the only person who really understand/comprehend what is constitutionally appropriate, see my blog at http://www.scribd.com/InspectorRikati for a set out of the relevant constitutional matters regarding this issue of commissioning a person to form a government. Who will form the next government has nothing to do with the majority in the Parliament as it is a prerogative power exercised by the Governor-General and so WITHOUT the advise of the Prime Minister! Neither Julia Gillard, Tony Abbott or for that anyone else elected for the House of Representatives are Members of Parliament until after the return of the writs when they take up a seat! And, back in 1901 E. Barton was commissioned to form a government without any Parliament existing and was subsequently elected. Don’t confuse the role of a government with that of the Parliament, and I for one having campaigned for long for electors to vote for INDEPENDENTS to bring about a lesson to the major political parties am satisfied they are getting their message. On 19 July 2006 I defeated comprehensively the Commonwealth that compulsory voting is unconstitutional and while I do not oppose voting I oppose any form of compulsory voting and the Court upheld my cases! This my blog also displays. Voting is our constitutional rights but in the way we desire and not hijacked by politicians dictating how we should vote! See also my website http://www.schorel-hlavka.com. As for the Greens as a CONSTITUTIONALIST I view that some of their alleged issues are a constitutional nonsense. Do I need to say more?
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 3:50:24 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy