The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Money makes the activists go round > Comments

Money makes the activists go round : Comments

By Mark S. Lawson, published 28/6/2010

Plenty of people believe that carbon must be guilty of something. There is too much money at stake for there not to be!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Please, AGW alarmists, tell me: where do I queue up for my oil money? I've been blogging against this nonsense for three years now, and not one red cent have I had. Do I need to fill in a form?
Posted by Jon J, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 8:27:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To summarise – there should be no funding into climate change science or adaptation/mitigation technologies because it is just “global warming lunacy”.

Hmmm, your slip is showing again, Mark.
Posted by qanda, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 10:19:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another tired old article by Mark...ho hum
Posted by Phil Matimein, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 11:04:57 AM
Mark Lawson here
Qanda your response does not make sense. The point about the article is that overwhelmingly all the funding is going to the global warming side. Its not that they are getting some funding and I'm objecting. The global warming side is getting all the funding while try to claim, in the teetch of all evidence, that really they are hardly getting any. That global warming science is a load of lunacy, I agree, but its not the point of the article. It is lunacy that is monopolising the funding, almost entirely.
One interesting point about this article is that there have hardly been any objections. I was feeling neglected until you weighed in. Thanks for that.
Posted by Curmudgeon, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 11:11:12 AM
Is it David vs Goliath?

Or Cranks vs Reality?

only time will tell......

Leastways, someone on the 'sceptics' side appears to be making money, given the plethora of books on the subject out there. They wouldn't publish them unless there was some moolah in it would they?
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 11:19:15 AM
Mark Lawson
Bugsy - true, there are a lot of sceptical books out there now, including mine in two weeks. Almost a flood now, but that has more to do with the change in public sentiment, all all it has really done is change the ratio. Now instead of all the books being global warming alarmist, for every 10 such books perhaps another five to six will be sceptical.
And the global warming stuff will sell more because its about alarming people - you know, Japan will take over the world financially, the Y2K bug will destroy our society, the 9/11 incident was all a plot. That stuff sells books.
Scepticism does not pay nearly as well. I wish I could be an alarmist then I might make money.
Posted by Curmudgeon, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 11:37:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy