The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Talking the talk, walking the walk > Comments

Talking the talk, walking the walk : Comments

By Katy Barnett, published 1/6/2010

It was hoped the Rudd Government would be principled, but instead it has betrayed and disappointed voters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Skeptic Lawyer

“One should never invest politicians with hope”, you say.

In addition, you say that, ‘you had high hopes’ in voting one of them.

Only unwise have hopes, hence, you and all those who vote have to expect what the voted can and will do to them.

I do not vote. Risk my liberty but satisfy my conscience.

However, you have to vote.

You mast vote, because “You are of the Castle” and live of it.
Posted by skeptic, Thursday, 3 June 2010 4:32:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We wanted change, we were promised change: instead we got Howard-lite. I didn't support the ETS as it was anyway (so watered down it would have made little difference to carbon emissions), but walking away as they have has left the Rudd government looking as if they have no staying power on any issue. And when I found out in an article in the SMH on the weekend that the dumping of the ETS was basically due to urging from Karl Bitar and Mark Arbib, I am left thinkng - Why IN HELL would ANYONE (let alone the Federal government) listen to politicians from the NSW ALP Right - who have been wholly responsible for the NSW ALP vote becoming so low they will be lucky to see the light again after the next state election...
If Rudd loses the Federal election and we end up with an Abbot government scraping in due to a low ALP primary vote, and with a 16% Green vote - Abbot won't be smiling as the Greens and ALP block every move in the Senate (as Abbot has done to this government). It won't be a pretty sight...
Posted by Johnj, Monday, 7 June 2010 3:14:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy