The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Talking the talk, walking the walk > Comments

Talking the talk, walking the walk : Comments

By Katy Barnett, published 1/6/2010

It was hoped the Rudd Government would be principled, but instead it has betrayed and disappointed voters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Extremely sad.

First the confession: I was very, very nearly persuaded to vote for Rudd, despite the fact that in my electorate it would have been as noticeable as a fart in a gale. In the end I didn't, and voted for nobody.

But it was close. Close enough for me to feel bitterly disappointed at Rudd's form of government. Totally lacking in any shape, substance, consistency or direction. But to hell with his politics - just a tiny touch of honesty would be nice occasionally.

I also will confess to believing Howard was the epitome of all that was wrong with politics in this country. Expedient, shallow, lacking in any vestige of empathy or humanity, and political to his neatly-tied suburban-solicitor bootlaces, he gave selfishness a new standard.

In the same way that Rudd, regrettably, has set a new standard for incompetence in government.

In fact, is there anything at all that he has touched that has not turned out to be a failure? Even the consultation-thingy was an expensive waste of time and energy, as well as setting expectations at a ludicrously unachievable level.

So I have to agree with almost every word of the article. In fact, I wish I had written it.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 10:28:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LEAGLE EAGLE.....

glad you are 'getting' it...

//I note that the EU carbon trading scheme has been beset with allegations of widespread fraud and corruption. On this one, I felt that perhaps a carbon tax might be the better course of action (such that companies had to pay the real costs of fuel consumption)//.

I don't think you know the 10% of it mate..

CARBON TRADING ? haaaaahaaaaaadehaaaahaaaa.. this is nothing more than a HUGE money making scheme for ME (ALGORE)..

The network is also mind numbingly big and intereconnected.

Here's a name KATHY ZOI....

USDOE's Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy

married to ROBIN ROY

see.. just SEE what business HE is in..and what they BOTH have large shareholding and options in....(read on)

LANDIS and GYR.. CEO Cameron O'Rielly.. former GOLDMAN SACHS executive.
AL GORE.. with DAVID BLOOD.. former CEO of..GOLDMAN SACHS.

WHAT...do LANDIS and GYR make ? SMART METERS!

What body did KATHY ZOI found in Sydney? SEDA

It's purpose?

$50 million fund to commercialize greenhouse-friendly technology.

WHO....deals in 'greenhouse friendly technology'?.. WELLLL shock horror it happens to be HER HUSBAND!

WHO is the founding Chief executive of the ALLIANCE FOR CLIMATE PROTECTION ? golly gosh..it is..KATHY ZOI.

WHO founded that organization? OH MY..it was.. MEEEEE (Al Gore)

round and round it goes.. but stops at CitiBank to make large deposits for 'certain people'.
FINALLY...now you will understand my reasons for the thread

"My Sustainable Climate Bill"

It also explains why the GREENS as a party are just one huge SCAM.
In it up to their green necks.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 10:51:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it is time for legal eagle to do some navel gazing.

A depressingly negative article. Sad to think l/e sees Kevs run as so

far removed from the political norm of any past political history.

I see Kevs run as a bit like Moses leading the Israelites from Egypt.

It’s all so new yet. Let’s wait for the next forty years.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 11:10:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What surprises me is that anyone is surprised at KRudd. Did we really believe the Kevin07 rhetoric?

Do we really believe that Australian “operatives” travel internationally with their own I.D’s? Is this issue just another distraction like so many others? Are we that naïve or do we just relish the opportunity to pretend that Julie Bishop was telling us something “secret”. Or is it a chance to vent the spleen on Israel? KRudd knows who the suckers are and is working them very well.

Arjay, your disposition on Israel is clear, you say “Perhaps the stealing of Palestinian land and their slow genocide, under the veil of Islamic terrorism justifies a lot of misplaced sympathy. The Islamic States have been demonized so the neo-cons can control the Middle East oil.” Which history is this?

If I remember things correctly, in 1948, Jerusalem was a multi-denomination protectorate under the League of Nations mandate (Article VIII). The Jordanian King Abdullah led the combined Arab Armies to attack and occupy the West Bank and Jerusalem, kicking out Jewish residents. The Jews responded by forming the State of Israel and kicking out Palestinian residents. Jerusalem remained occupied by the Jordanians, who against LoN’s and UN mandates, refused Jews access to Jerusalem until 1966, when the Arab Armies attacked Israel in 1966, this time breaching the UN “peacekeepers” zone in Egypt to the south, through Jordan to the east and Lebanon to the north. The Arab Armies got flogged and lost much territory. You can distort, excuse or deconstruct history as much as you like but you can’t make it go away.

KRudd gets away with these diversions, because he can. There are many that jump at the bait he puts before you so stop blaming Kev just ‘cos he’s smarter than you.
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 11:13:39 AM
Expelling the Israeli diplomat in protest of Israeli ASSASSINS committing identity theft against US is quite reasonable in my opinion.

If they're going to try to frame us for murder they AINT our friends.
No really, that's all there is to it.

Also, diplomatically, as long as we state we don't care about the guy popped because he was in Hamas (and we DO hate Hamas anyway), but we DO care about framing us for it and will not tolerate it, it ensures we aren't on the targets of terrorist lists, but ensures terrorists still don't actually like us and won't think of paying a visit to build bridges.

I'm waiting for that part to be reinforced though.
Posted by King Hazza, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 11:27:38 AM
There will be protest outside the Town Hall Sydney today by the "Coalition for Justice and Peace for Palistine" from 5.30 pm to 7.00 pm. http://www.coalitionforpalestine.org/actionalert30may2010.html

Israel either wants to be perceived as a mad dog ready to bite anyone who disagrees with their policies or have actually achieved it.200-300 nukes in their hands is keeping the world very nervous.

It you want a future become aware.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 11:49:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy