The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Interesting times in dear old Blighty > Comments

Interesting times in dear old Blighty : Comments

By Andy Mycock, published 6/5/2010

If “Bigotgate” has played significantly it is because it punctured the boredom of electoral campaigning fatigue.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"Dear old Blighty" is at present indeed blighted. I have been in and out of Britain during my life for various reasons. I went for a visit in 2001 after 25 years absence. Many behaviour patterns shocked me.
Many environments shocked me. However, that can also be said of Australia. There are decisions made over the past 25 years that have slipped the carpet from under reality's feet. Such rapid change has not happened since Kublai-Khan swept across the plains.
The trouble is, those Politicians that have made the changes, will not be alive to see the chaos.
Australia, as with Britain, has a dearth of viable Politicians. It seems much of the world has atrophied in intellect. Can it be the electronic age? The Airline age? The information age or just plain over-population age? When the Pantheon was designed and built in Rome, the population of Rome then, is estimated at about, 60,000 souls. To build one today could require 10,000 humans, being thinkers, architects, suppliers and skilled artisans and artists.

We are spiralling towards self-destruction by idolising human beings above ALL other things on Earth, including the Earth itself.

Politicians as leaders? Neither, they nor we have any worthwhile. Just evaluate the next ten years as it unfolds.
Posted by Sherkahn, Thursday, 6 May 2010 11:01:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy