The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Worrying and hoping about Australia's future > Comments

Worrying and hoping about Australia's future : Comments

By Andrew Jakubowicz, published 22/4/2010

Will a cultural diversity statement move us forward or maintain the status quo?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
This bloke is again stirring the pot on totally boring, unnecessary and divisive multiculturalism and the tiresome question: ‘is Australia a racist country’.

We are a multi-racial society; we are not a multicultural society, and never will be, unless governments continue to allow us to be over-run by non-English speaking, non-white immigrants: if this happens, most people living in Australia will be those who already hate our culture, and they will soon initiate their own cultures and practices.

This author wants us to “engage with (our) racist past” because of a crazy document “Australia's Cultural Diversity Statement”, which nobody but a few Lefties and ethnics have probably corroborated on. What a damn cheek! Collusion and humbug by people trying to bring down the Anglo Saxon heritage of Australia is not going to change by one iota what Australians do or think. Australians today have no obligation or need to contemplate the early days of settlement, particularly the false past portrayed by lying Left historians and people of non-Anglo Saxon backgrounds like this author. I have nothing against those with a non-Anglo Saxon background, but it is interesting that it is those people who seem to be most involved in perpetrating and defending multiculturalism and the racist slurs against Australia. One of the chief architects of multiculturalism was a Polish immigrant. How can anyone be surprised that Australians take umbrage at the nonsense that is said about them and their country? By ‘anyone’, I don’t mean the politically driven and those who make a living out of creating division.

It also seems that Andrew Jakubowicz wants to increase his chances of punishing Australians by bringing even more non-Anglos to Australia – note his sneer at Bob Carr’s “small is beautiful” in relation to population size.

Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 22 April 2010 3:28:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It also seems that Andrew Jakubowicz wants to increase his chances of punishing Australians by bringing even more non-Anglos to Australia – note his sneer at Bob Carr’s “small is beautiful” in relation to population size.

Let’s face it, the people wanting to come to Australia are now non-white, non-English speaking, with cultures totally different from our own. When you feel like criticising the endemic people of Fiji for moving against the Indians and Chinese; or the feelings of the Malays in Singapore against the Chinese, and the Malays in Malaysia with the Indians and Chinese – just give a thought to the future of Australia, with it’s leaders and the ‘ethnic lobby’ pushing for more and more non-Anglo immigration because nobody else wants to come here.

Andrew Jakubowicz and those of his ilk, helped by weak, cowardly governments, are hell bent on changing the face of a country which took them in. Australia was built on modified British mores and ethics that have kept it in good stead for over 200 years. People say that we have always been an immigrant country. Yes, but immigrants in the past have respected our culture and become part of it. That is no longer the case: immigrants are now telling us what THEY want Australia to be. If they are allowed to continue in the vein Andrew Jakubowicz suggests, Australia has a very poor, violent future ahead of it.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 22 April 2010 3:30:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The term 'racist country' is really relative,Australia is not as racist as Japan for example and not as racist as some of the nations immigrants come from or many wouldn't be here in the first place. Since liberal democratic societies are intrinsically multi-cultural why is a government policy necessary in order to support 'multi-culturalism'? How wide do we set the 'multi-cultural' parameters before our society resembles the Ottoman Empire? Hopefully multi-culturalism will also address the racism and sense of cultural and religious superiority of recent and not so recent immigrants.Canada's much vaunted multicuturalism grew from a need to placate Quebec separatists,so they made a virtue from necessity.Of course racial discrimination should be eliminated from our society,however multiculturalism is not the answer,it simply encourages tribalism and cultural relativism. What's wrong with Anglo-Celtic society,is the author prejudiced?
History is story of invasion and dispossession,what's done is done.
Posted by mac, Thursday, 22 April 2010 5:14:07 PM
Leigh: << We are a multi-racial society; we are not a multicultural society, and never will be, unless governments continue to allow us to be over-run by non-English speaking, non-white immigrants >>

Australia may not be a racist country, but anybody who believes the hateful crap written above is certainly a racist - and there's plenty of them infesting OLO.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 22 April 2010 7:08:57 PM
You mean yourself and David CJ.
You say you are anti Racist, what you are is Anti White.
Some truths are self evident and it's not a sin to discuss them.
The only sin is to say nothing, to say nothing is to work against one's own interests and the interests of of the country.
Anyone who abandons their people, who won't stand and fight for their birthright is a Traitor,as they say, the Rats are the first to leave a sinking ship
99.99% of third worlders like living where they are, they like being Indians or Chinese, they love their culture and their Race and wouldn't change it for the world.
A tiny number of Third world migrants come here for one reason and one reason only, "To make a better life for MYSELF AND MY CHILDREN"
NOT to make a better life for Jay of Melbourne, or CJ and David, they do it for their own benefit and only theirs.
They are so centered on their own interests they'll sometimes sacrifice their children's legacy, of Third world culture, Language, History and sometimes even Race to achieve what they want for themselves.
So Andrew Jakubovicz,David and CJ are centered on facilitating the selfish drive to personal enrichment of Migrants while denigrating and denying the needs and desire for a better life of their own White European Racial Brothers and Sisters.
What kind of a White person says "I claim nothing for myself and my children, I'll help you succeed at my own expense and I'll never question anything you do, even if it's detrimental to myself and my children, what's more I'll even betray my Race, work towards silencing and neutering them so that you may prosper at their expenses also"
It's called treason silly, it happens all the time.
No other race has so many Traitors working against their own interests and the interests of other Whites, it's a peculiarly White Mental Disease.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 22 April 2010 10:03:22 PM
To think that this author's trash is written at taxpayers expense. He continually pumps out the "I hate Anglo Australia and everything it stands for" week after week, all the while filling his pockets with an Australian taxpayer funded salary.
For anyone not familiar with the author have a peak at his website he runs for the education of Australian students "making multicultural australia" or something very close to that. Have a good look around it. Hilter would have been proud of such a hateful biased piece of work. Nowhere will you find anything good said about Anglo Australia. Its just amazing that in 2010 this guy can get away with it, and paid for by us.
And he's still harping on with his racist rants about the Indians being mugged. Does he have any proof these were racist muggings, especially when the police don't record the ethnicity of the attackers.
Posted by ozzie, Thursday, 22 April 2010 10:41:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy