The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ' tis the season...

' tis the season...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Hi Foxy,

Was a good Xmas, the lead up was extremely hectic, particularly for the wife, she involved herself in everything. She was even a shepherd at 6pm service on Saturday, and back again at midnight, and 8am yesterday.

Got "work" this morning, at 7.30am, unpacking and putting away, heaps of groceries, which were spontaneously donated last week by folks. We have quite a few children's toys wrapped, leftovers. Coordinated made some phone calls to other charities late on Friday to see if any were short, all were ok, so we'll have to store them somehow, I think off site, might be the answer. Although we do have an off site shipping container available at a yard, maybe. I believe its back to normal from next Monday, with a skeleton crew on board, due to several being on hols, and we've had a couple come down with Covid last week.

I think there is a meeting with Padre Pete later this week to discuss Xmas, what went well, what can be improved etc. I can tell him, labour (the lack of) is a problem. some people are working virtually every shift, while others are on the 'roster', and not turning up, not even a phone call. Unfortunately, some see it as voluntary, and for them turning up is also voluntary. One woman stormed out in a huff vowing to "never return" because the Coordinator spoke to her nicely about not turning up twice in a row (no phone call) for her shifts. Sorry, love people volunteering, but not turning up is worse than useless.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 26 December 2022 6:24:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

It sounds like you guys really celebrated in the true spirit
of Christmas. I imagine you made a lot of people happy
so well done!

Our Christmas was family-oriented. Lovely food, good
atmosphere - (very noisy) the grandkids were very excited
and loved everything. Today, hubbie and I are both tired -
but will slowly get back to normal. I've still got a few
overseas phone calls to make. We went to church on Christmas
Eve - Loved the Mass. We have a new priest who's great.

Today's going to be a day of rest at home. I had swollen
ankles yesterday - so I'll try to rest today.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 December 2022 7:13:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy