The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Vacuous Election?

Vacuous Election?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
My apologies to mhaze for the typo - in which I
referred to him as maze - having accidentally
dropped the h.

I really, truly, absolutely, did not mean to do it.
But what can you expect from a person without a
brain of their own? Don't get your hackles up so
readily this time, please Sir?
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 26 June 2022 11:15:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

My critique wasn't that you didn't provide a link but that you lifted whole sentences from your link and passed them off as your own in the search for seeming erudition.

I'd also again point out that psychological studies are miles away from actual reliable data.

Finally, as an example, the amygala has been shown to NOT be the sole fear centre. The Amygala is also "Shown to perform a primary role in the processing of memory, decision making, and emotional responses". Memory and decision making? Well maybe it is true that it's bigger in conservatives.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 26 June 2022 1:12:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

I appreciate your explanations.

Feel free to continue to give them.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 26 June 2022 1:30:15 PM
Research does show us that the brains of progressives
and conservatives are very different. And we know
that from observation and experience.

We know that certain political parties are big
on national defense - they magnify perceptions of threat
be it from foreign aggression, immigrants, terrorists,
or invading ideologies - such as communism, Islam, et
cetera.

We have political parties that want and encourage change.
And we have those that don't and are comfortable with
the way things are. So we can deduce that to
conservatives the world really is a frightening place.

So given that they think differently - its no surprise
that progressives and conservatives do spend so much
time talking across each other and rarely are able to
reach a consensus or achieve any real dialogue.

However, with a newly elected government which appears
willing to negotiate - perhaps things will be able to
change. One can only hope - that the conservatives
will try to make an effort.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 26 June 2022 2:42:03 PM
Hi Foxy,

He is a bit corny.

mhaze, just to be pedantic isn't it spelt Amygdala, that's with a "d" for dunce.

My Uncle Horace1405 had a really big bunion on the side of his head, it was the size of a basket ball, but you couldn't really notice it if the lights were turned off. Uncle Horace was very self-conscious about it, so we all used to call him Bunion Head just so he would feel better.

By any chance is having a really big Amygala sticking out of the side of your head like Uncle Horace's bunion. If it will make you feel better we can all start calling you Amygala Head, a bit corny ah.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 26 June 2022 7:47:52 PM
Kudos mhaze.

Foxy keeps quoting Scientific American- in the past I've been more of a fan of American Scientist- but looking at a recent cover I suspect that both have become degraded- possibly due to the slow death of print and other media. Still if they manage to keep editorial standards higher maybe they can rebrand themselves- as they say "content is king".

Armchair Critic- Yes Robert Kiyosaki is interesting- the last video I saw he was promoting metals. In some crises metals would be useless. But maybe it's part of the mix in insulating against government and ideologically based instability.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 27 June 2022 11:17:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy