The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Water restrictions-lets keep them in place permanently

Water restrictions-lets keep them in place permanently

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Upon reflection,I think I may not have expressed myself as clearly as I could have.

I am in favour of whatever measures which incurs the least environmental cost which can get us out of the mess that we are in. It may well be plastic rainwater tanks, stainless steel rainwater tanks, galvanised iron rainwater tanks or concrete water tanks. It just may be the odd dam or desalination plant, or yet further restrictions on our use of water that is the least damaging way to achieve this, but I would like to see the hard evidence first.

However, it is insane to adopt these measures whilst at the same time increasing the demand for that water as the Queensland Government is now doing.

We should not have doubled Queensland's population from 2 million in 1974 to 4 million in 2005 without first ensurig that there was adequate water for those people.

For Queensland Peter Beattie to encourage further population growth when the residents around Wyaralong (http://www.stopthewyaralongdam.org) and the Mary Valley (http://www.savethemaryriver.com) stand to have their comunities inundated as a consequence of previous population growth actively encouraged by himself (see http://candobetter.org/node/118#FourMillionQueenslanders) is criminally irresponsible.
Posted by daggett, Saturday, 8 September 2007 2:48:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
110 million to the horse industry (make the rich richer?)
How many water tanks would that buy?
How much was the Sydney APEC meeting? (more tanks again)
Need I say more?
Posted by eftfnc, Monday, 10 September 2007 2:29:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good point!
I hopr I never was a water waster but I know that every time I turn the tap on I am aware of how much I am using.
Posted by Goddess, Monday, 10 September 2007 3:59:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
By the way everyone, google up the APEC mission statement for a short but interesting read.
Posted by Goddess, Monday, 10 September 2007 4:55:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy