The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Royals Are Coming To Oz?

The Royals Are Coming To Oz?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hmm, well they are a backstop against anyone trying to take over the
parliament by force. After all the army swears allegiance to the crown,
does it not ? I could be wrong there, perhaps someone can clarify.
That goes back to Cromwellian days.
Still it worked when Gough tried to run the country illegally, by
borrowing money without approval from that Arab arms dealer Kemlani.
How it would work if a terrorist organisation, or a hard line green
activist group tried to take over the government I don't know.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 14 February 2022 10:01:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's a plan for their tour:

http://nowtolove.com.au/royals/british-royal-family/prince-william-kate-middleton-australia-tour-70957
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 14 February 2022 10:02:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bazz,

Realistically who could Australia really count on to come
to our aid in case of any trouble - the UK or the
US?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 14 February 2022 10:05:42 AM
If it was a revolutionary body such as a political group not accepting
the result of elections etc, then the armed forces and police should
be able to handle it.
If it was a foreign backed group with armed foreigners then other
countries might get involved. It would be considered an invasion
perhaps by another kingdom.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 14 February 2022 10:16:51 AM
"Hmm, well they are a backstop against anyone trying to take over the
parliament by force."

Bazz is that when we call in Camilla and her horse?

BTW, Gough's government was sacked because the Coalition was withholding money supply in the Senate, nothing to do with loans.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 14 February 2022 10:19:59 AM
Hi there FOXY...

You're quite right about costs FOXY. I was with the NSWPOL but we'd have to assist other forces when asked. A royal visit is a typical occasion when help is requested. A fundamental Risk Assessment is carried out by;

. The AFP, ASIO, 'ASIS, ONA' (Australia - both on request of civpol), MI6, (UK), and the various Australian State forces in which the Royals will travel or be Domiciled.

. Armed domiciliary protection is provided, whenever and wherever the Royals stay overnight.

. Usually, the various State(s) & Territories, maintain their armoured protection vehicles in secured govt. garages, those sat least that are employed to convey the Royals about. Each State and Territory has the responsibility to maintain such vehicles for these occasions.

. Salaries, Overtime, Penalty Rates etc, are generally incurred during Royal Visits by the VIP-P Squad (Very Important Persons - Protection {VIP-P} Squad)

I've worked in this area in the past, and it's considered quite a nice little earner $$. One of the most congenial VIP-P's was none other than HRH The Queen and Prince Philip. I was detailed to follow them about as they took an early morning walk in Govt. House gardens (Closed to the public). My instructions were; I was to be close enough to hear them, but still remain unobtrusive!

Interestingly, every so often, HRH the Queen would casually glance towards me and ask if I'd heard if the weather was going to remain cool or warm up later on? Or were showers due, if it happened to be cloudy? Enquiries about the weather always seemed to be a great 'ice-breaker' with the Royals. The Duke was a great bloke, but could be moody I found. As police we were never permitted to initiate a conversation.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 14 February 2022 1:27:25 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy