The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another Explanation for Global Warming

Another Explanation for Global Warming

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
How about SR you give us the magic property of CO2 you reckon can increase our temperature.

I won't hold my breath.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 2 January 2022 11:31:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh & give us the math you reckon proves the rubbish.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 2 January 2022 11:32:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2021/02/25/carbon-dioxide-cause-global-warming/
is a start but the information is freely available everywhere.

It's really a matter of proving it doesn't increase atmospheric temperature.

Typically the phoney argument is raised against CO2 generally but it's always been about TOO MUCH CO2.

That's what "too much" means.
For example, we need water to live but drinking too much of the stuff will kill you and even drinking a small amount of distilled water can be fatal.

Likewise if cholesterol (which is vital for cell growth) in the bloodstream is raised by only a relatively tiny amount, bad things will start happening.
Posted by rache, Monday, 3 January 2022 12:01:21 AM
rache,
Drinking a small amount of distilled water is not lethal. I think you may be conflating it with heavy water.

BTW there are a few people still denying the effects of CFCs, claiming it's all a conspiracy by the big chemical companies to make more money from the new refrigerants after the CFC patents expired. But it's very hard for them to convince people that CFCs stay n the lower atmosphere, as upper atmospheric samples prove otherwise. Likewise their claim that even if they did get up there they wouldn't release chlorine, as lab tests have proved that UV causes CFCs to release chlorine in low pressure conditions.

Hasbeen,
I'm not asking ho the elites are, I'm asking about the particular subset of elites who want us to get into mud huts.
How about you name three? It shouldn't be too difficult, should it?
Or if you can't identify three, two will do.
I reckon you're unable to name a single one, because they're all figments of your imagination.

> give us the magic property of CO2 you reckon can increase our temperature
Most people do not regard physics as magic, but the physical property of CO2 that can increase our temperature is its ability to absorb and reemit infrared.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 3 January 2022 2:26:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

How's it going old cock? Good?

We have of course done this dance many times and perhaps due to your advanced years you have forgotten. So I confidently assume I will be doing all this again in the not too distant future.

Anyway to keep it simple it is the molecular configuration of CO2 which allows it to vibrate in certain directions, or nodes to be more precise, which permits it to absorb and release energy that causing the atmosphere to retain more heat.

Please let me know if you are struggling with any of that.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 4 January 2022 8:53:27 AM
Well what do you know, he can Google.

Try looking at the frequencies absorbed by water vapor & CO2, then the volumes of each in the air, then do a bit of math & you will find CO2 does not rate even as a bit player.

You could then look up the Japanese & Russian research that found CO2 tends to displace water vapor in the air, & thus is a cooling agent, but I guess that would be too much for you.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 4 January 2022 9:39:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy