The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The stupidity continues

The stupidity continues

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hasbeen

I suppose you are at the mercy of the supermarket, then. Can you try a different one? As Bazz says,the Coles bags are sturdy, and although I'm within less than 3 minutes walk from a Woolwoths, I do a 10-15 minute drive to a Drakes/Foodland. Up the big boys. The local SA mob is better.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 October 2021 2:16:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It would seem that banning the plastic super market bag meant banning one of the few plastic containers that was used more than once.

I remember when the garbage collectors used to collect bottles and make a bit of money on the side.
The Taxation got on to them and they stopped collecting bottles, shortly after plastic bottles became the rage; often wondered if there was a connection.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 29 October 2021 3:54:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hassy,

One box we greenies approve of, is a pine box about 2 metres long to put an old anachronisms left over from the 1960's in. What do you think of that box?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 29 October 2021 8:27:59 PM
Good lord, a greeny that approves of chopping down trees. Sacrilege. How many trees do you reckon they have to chop down to make crazy paper bags?

Guess it depends on who the local delivery contractor is, but I tried that lot, & got too many squashed fruit & veg.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 30 October 2021 1:02:23 PM
Paul,

Have you tried your box?
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 7:41:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy