The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Trust In the ABC Is Waning

Trust In the ABC Is Waning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
ttbn,
I'm not disagreeing with you but one has to look at this realistically & to defund the ABC (which would be the moral thing to do) would be the surest election loser on the market.
ABC staff are Public servants & as such they're Labor's backbone plus the public service union would stir up such an unmanageable mess that would take decades to sort out.
All we can hope for is for more people to see Labor as what it really is & help the Coalition to stand up against that problem.
Posted by individual, Friday, 22 October 2021 9:48:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes ttbn, I'm with individual, your point is correct, but the trust is all in the past tense.

I was amazed to find my lady, who would not hear even a single word of doubt that the global warming theory was wrong 5 years ago, watching some rubbish on morning ABC TV. Now wised up to the scam, I asked her why she was watching the stuff.

It pays to know what the enemy are up to was the answer.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 22 October 2021 11:08:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn- Yes I'm happy with a shutdown. I'm not actually against state sponsored media in a sense but the ABC seems to have become completely corrupt
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 23 October 2021 4:04:52 AM
..the ABC seems to have become completely corrupt.
Canem malum,
I found ABC Radio is a lot worse than ABCTV. Only a few days ago I heard one of the Australian Chinese commentators say about Jeff Bezos & William Shatner as "rich white man" indulging ...!
I have yet to hear him comment on "rich Arabs or Asians" indulging in having fleets of private jets, extraordinary lavish homes & lifestyles etc.
The ABC should not tolerate such blatant hypocrisy ! That old woman in charge should be removed instantly along withe her board of cronies.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 23 October 2021 4:30:46 AM
While there will always a reason for private, money-making, employing, private media, there is no reason now for taxpayer funded media. The old one about serving the bush no longer applies - internet, satellite etc., and FM radio stations can be set up in someone's spare room.

What passes for news most of the time doesn't touch the average viewer or listener, who can can pick what he or she us interested in from the internet. Social media fulfils any need for sharing.

The only losers from the overdue death of the ABC would be, in my opinion, the hard-headed (some would say boneheaded) Leftists, who need to be told what to think, and who will always try to defend the indefensible; and those people who watch it, listen to it, so that that they can complain about the bias.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 23 October 2021 7:16:56 AM
The ABC has the only add free channels and as such should be kept, reform is what’s needed not annihalation.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 23 October 2021 8:45:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy