The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where to for Kristina Keneally?

Where to for Kristina Keneally?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. All
It appears that the Hon. Senator has higher
ambitions. She is going to seek a seat in the
lower house and it also appears that she has
the support of the Labor leader.

I don't know that much about the lady except
that she was a former Premier of NSW who later
became a Senator. Now it seems that her ambition
is for higher things.

I've seen her on television- she does appear to be
a formidable personality. Perhaps she is what Labor
needs as a future contender for the top job?

Your thoughts please?

If she was running opposite Scott Morrison - who would
you choose?

Should Albo trust her? Shorten apparently did.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 September 2021 10:20:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
She may be what Labor needs Foxy, but she most certainly is not what Australia needs. Worse than Gillard.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 13 September 2021 11:57:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Hasbeen,

She appears to be a very ambitious politician.
Her rise to positions of power have been fast.

I'm not sure if she's what Labor needs -
I'm not sure if she's what Australia needs either.
I'm not sure if she's concerned about the nation
or whether she's more concerned with aiming for
the top job. But perhaps in politics that's to be
expected?

My question - is she ideologically
driven or is it ambition that drives her?
Can it be both? Would we be less judgemental of
a bloke doing the same thing?

How does she compare to Tanya Plibersek?
Who appears to prefer staying in the background.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 September 2021 12:36:05 PM
cont'd ...

Hasbeen,

You said she'd be worse that Julia Gillard?

You've got to give Gillard some credit. She
did get a lot of bills passed with a minority
government.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 September 2021 12:38:47 PM
She will be going into the election as the endorsed Labor candidate apparently against the wishes of the party branch in that electorate.
As she would appear to despise the democratic process then I would not think that she’d would be in it except for herself.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 13 September 2021 2:13:22 PM
"You've got to give Gillard some credit. She
did get a lot of bills passed with a minority
government." Foxy.

Yes! And most of them to the determent of the average Australian.

She did more harm than either Rudd or Turnbull, & that is saying a very great deal.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 13 September 2021 2:56:55 PM
I don't really care, but her career has been one disaster after another. She is obviously as hypocritical as the rest of Labor on 'diversity' - pushing aside a young lawyer of Vietnamese extraction, and she wouldn't have the foggiest idea of life in the electorate.

Against: dud politician with a whiny voice. For: reasonably attractive and well groomed.

BTW, I don't think that just because there is a 23% Vietnamese ghetto in the electorate that the ghetto is entitled to an MP who looks like them, but I understand that Tu Le was endorsed. So, bloody poor form by Keneally and the ALP.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 13 September 2021 3:05:37 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

You say: "to the determent of the average Australian"

Name one.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 13 September 2021 3:11:25 PM
Having campaigned against Kristina Keneally in the NSW State seat of Heffron, twice, I have an inkling as to what kind of politician she is, I would describe her as Plastic Labor, from the Catholic right of the party. I recall the 16% swing when she was turfed out of government. I did suggest the Greens give their preferences to the Liberal candidate, but she was an air head blow in herself, went for the option of no preference in the end.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 September 2021 3:16:33 PM
Hi Hasbeen,

Julia Gillard's term as Prime Minister was
extremely productive. 570 bills were passed by the
Senate with key achievements including - the
National Disability Insurance Scheme, the Royal
Commission into Child Abuse, a carbon price,
education funding, paid parental leave, and so on.

Nothing to sneeze at.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 September 2021 4:40:48 PM
Keneally is even more venomous than Pelosi. It is beyond reason that there are people who support her !
Posted by individual, Monday, 13 September 2021 10:23:58 PM
Thanks Foxy, you have listed some of her worst blunders for me & SR.

I did mention that I recently paid $2300 for the same mobility scooter that the NDIS pay pay $5300. I know their staff are extremely well paid, pity they don't have a decent purchasing officer on the staff.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 2:37:44 AM
KKK is as close as it comes to a Labor princess as possible.

Even though she presided over the most corrupt Labor government in history and the greatest loss for decades in NSW she seems to retain more following than the whinging Plibersek or disgraced Juliar.

That KKK was parachuted into a safe seat over their selected candidate is not going to win them any more voters.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 5:17:00 AM
Something the two major parties are guilty of, head office interfering in local pre-selections. I'm sure the woman who lost out to Kennelly will be offered what some call a "sweetner" in some form. One of the worse interference in pre-selection in recent years has to be Morrison's "victory" over Michael Towke in the seat of Cook. The part played by Murdoch in having the wishes of the local branch overturned to get Morrison in. Who knows if things had gone differently we could have Prime Minister Towke today. Years back there was some unseemly grubbyness that got Bob Hawke elected to parliament.

Add to "parachuting" the big two are not adverse to a bit of branch stacking when it suits. A branch that has no more than 20 active members suddenly finds itself inundated with 150 new members, not seen until pre-selection time. The other dirty trick often used by the major parties is standing a third "independent" candidate to direct preferences their way, it happens all the time.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 6:27:34 AM
Paul,
An insightful post, I was once recruited into the Labor. Party in an attempt to stack a branch, by a sitting member in NSW who didn’t understand the party rules; I resigned not long after I found out why I’d become popular.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 9:11:22 AM
Hi Hassie,

Guess what? Some good news - my husband
and I have finally got our first
Jab of Astra Zeneca yesterday at a huge medical clinic.
We're booked in for our second jab at the end of October.
I was booked in for Pfizer because of the blood clots
on my lungs. But things got muddled up - and we ended up
with the Astra Zeneca instead.

A great doctor explained everything to us - and calmed
down all our fears - and he was right. No adverse reactions
whatsoever. So go get yours as well is my advice to you.
Our kids are now so relieved - and frankly so are we.

The media has done such a bad job about the Astra Zeneca.
Scaring people. They should be held accountable and focus
on the positive.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

Take care and stay safe.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 9:36:49 AM
Kristina Keneally is to me an unknown entity and
I shall be watching the future developments of
her career path. She comes across as quite a
formidable speaker and personality. But some of her
actions have been rather questionable. Especially
the quick way she dumped Shorten. But perhaps that's
the norm in politics.

Anyway, I feel she's the one to watch within the Labor
Party. At least for now.

As for Scott Morrison and his team? I would not cross
them out just yet. Another "miracle" just may happen
prior to the election. My advice to ScoMo would be to
move his family to The Lodge in Canberra. That's what
The Lodge is for - he'd make a better impression.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 9:44:26 AM
Incumbent Chris Hayes had wanted local lawyer Tu Le to be endorsed, arguing the party needed to reflect the multicultural nature of the seat. Ru Le should run as an independent Candidate and preference other than labor. Almost half the population is Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodian so Tu Le would represent them well, rather than a North Shore Elite blow in, that is not part of the culture.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 10:54:31 AM
Hi Josephus,

I'm not sure how popular is Tu Le in the electorate
and how large is the Vietnamese population there,
and whether she has enough votes to win. The same
applies to Kristina Keneally's chances in that electorate -
how well known is she there and can she swing the votes
in her own direction?

I guess we shall have to wait and see what risks Labor is
willing to take there. It's a safe seat for now - but will
this continue to be the case - if the candidate they chose
is not acceptable to the majority.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 11:11:45 AM
If Hayes truly believed that the electorate needed a foreigner representing it, he would have stood down at the last election.

Only 23% of the electorate is Vietnamese, and while it is one of the most diverse electorates, the majority, 64%, is still True Blue Aussie. And they will have a foreigner for their PM, anyway, if Ms. America gets in, as she is bound to. Multiculturalism will be the death of Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 11:34:20 AM
Kristina Keneally has an American father and an
Australian mother. She married an Australian,
settled in Australia permanently and became a
citizen in 2000.

I guess we can't really criticize her on her
background. The Scanlon Foundation conducted a
national survey that found Australians identify
with more than 270 ancestries. That one in four
of Australia's people have been born overseas
and approx. 46% had at least one parent who was
born overseas.

Most new migrants apparently say they feel a strong
sense of belonging to Australia and that this feeling
deepens over time.

The national survey found that 84% of respondents
agree that multiculturalism has been good for Australia
but only if people who immigrate here adopt "Australian"
values and integrate.

The report also found "substantial" negative sentiment
towards people from Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Intolerance towards Muslims is still far higher than
people who follow any other religion.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 1:28:59 PM
It would be interesting to see how many (of Foxy's) immigrant parents came from the British Isles. Either way the immigration policy is racism against the British Australians. Even if they didn't fight the policy (and it's always been contentious) it still dilutes their franchise- hence being against their interest- but democracy sort of allows acts against our interest if we are stupid enough to support them. Don't think it satisfies the mandate test though. I couldn't see a time when I will ever support the suicide or the murder of my people.
The principle of separation of church and state appears to have come about under a specific set of circumstances- apparently where one people of the same ethnicity started to move in a slightly different direction to the Catholic church- and the creation of the protestant movement. One could argue that small revolutions could be healthy to balance the ruling traditional elites views on government and stability with that of the peasants or masses.
The contemporary changes are different and in a sense more chaotic and harmful.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 2:40:29 PM
Good on you Foxy.

I hope your no reaction stays that way.

Personally I found some of the anti virals I wanted ex India.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 2:40:51 PM
Dear Hassie,

I hope it stays that way as well and I'm glad
that you've managed to find what you wanted.
I was quite concerned about you. But all's well that
ends well.

Take care.
Stay safe.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 3:56:47 PM
The contemporary changes are different and in a sense more chaotic and harmful.
Canem Malum,
Spot-on !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 4:06:34 PM
" How Anglo is Australia? That's a good question. But
it would also be a relevant question nowadays to ask -
How Anglo is Britain? "

"In a globalized world, rich successful countries are
attractive magnets and tend to compromise diverse,
multicultural populations."

There's more at:

http://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/how-anglo-is-australia

Enjoy.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 4:24:40 PM
cont'd ...

Again, my apologies for another typo. The sentence
should read - "In a globalised world, rich successful
countries are attractive magnets and tend to comprise
diverse, multicultural populations."
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 4:43:27 PM
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics -
in 2020, those born in England (980,400 people)
continued to be the largest group of overseas-born
residents, accounting for 3.8% of Australia's total
population. This year, residents from India (721,000)
moved into second position replacing China (650,600).
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 4:47:44 PM
The best that can be said about Keneally as a candidate is that she comes with experience and would be almost certain to be elevated to a Minister and that is of significant value to her constituents.

On the other hand it demonstrates the mercenary way pre-selections are handled by political parties. Both Turnbull and Morrison had dodgy pre-selections that were not based on merit and even the departing Joel Fitzgibbon "inherited" his seat from his father.

Politics is a game and democracy is an illusion.
Posted by rache, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 12:42:01 AM
To Individual- Thanks for the feedback.

Foxy said- "In a globalized world, rich successful countries are
attractive magnets and tend to compromise diverse,
multicultural populations."

Answer- I think that Foxy meant comprise- but compromised is what is happening to Western Nations. A Communist Freudian slip- I'm sure the Communists want us to become compromised. Dog whistling indeed.

Foxy said- "According to ABS -
in 2020, those born in England (980,400 people)
continued to be the largest group of overseas-born
residents, accounting for 3.8% of Australia's total
population. This year, residents from India (721,000)
moved into second position replacing China (650,600)."

Answer- I was asking about the parents not the immigrants- and born in the British Isles not only England.

Either way the immigration policy is racism against the British Australians. Even if they didn't fight the policy (and it's always been contentious) it still dilutes their franchise- hence being against their interest- but democracy sort of allows acts against our interest if we are stupid enough to support them. Don't think it satisfies the mandate test though. I couldn't see a time when I will ever support the suicide or the murder of my people.

The propaganda of woke-ism is fascinating in the way it's played out in a few recent cases- it appears that Foxy has some level of mastery in this artform.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 1:13:39 AM
Good to see a nephew of the wife's getting his Aussie citizenship thanks to his prowess on the rugby field. Not to mention his 8 from 8 with the boot to give Australia a 2 point victory over those Springboks dudes from South Africa! Actually I thought Quade was an Aussie citizen having played 71 test for us over several years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-14/citizenship-rules-changed-quade-cooper-can-become-aussie/100459276

Hi Foxy,

After all is said and done no one, except the rabid white supremacist among us, and we have several on the Forum who come and go, can deny that multiculturalism has been a rip roaring success in Aussie.

p/s We've just found this Vietnamese restaurant in Brisbane, its has a good menu and not over priced. Still miss eating out in Newtown Sydney where diversity is king or queen depending on your bent.

p/p/s I see the bloke who sits to the right of Genghis Khan has branded you a COMMUNIST, no worries, he calls me the same from time to time.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 5:43:18 AM
"Ms Le (dumped candidate) said she felt the people of Fowler wanted to be represented by someone who had a similar lived experience to them ...".

Which means, Ms. Le, that you are not what is wanted buy 63% of the Fowler electorate. Ms. Keneally is Anglo-Celtic like them. This multiculturalism is so much BS that even its proponents don't get it, coming out with absurdly inaccurate waffle.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 9:54:21 AM
Dear Paul,

Don't be concerned about what anything CM says.
He sings from the same old tattered song-book over and over.
That's all he's got.

He's one of those antiquated poor sods
who still lives in the past days of the "British Empire,"
which has long gone. Especially in Britain itself.
But let him have his dreams. He's old and demented - and
needs our sympathy and understanding because he knows so
little and knows it so fluently.

Now back to the topic.

For Kristina Keneally this move to a new electorate may
ne a means of survival. We'll have to wait and see
how popular she becomes and if she can garner enough
support. It may be a huge mistake for Labor. But
probably a good move for Keneally.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 10:35:48 AM
Perhaps Paul1405 is a rabid Chinese supremacist- maybe he supports the one China policy.

Seemingly even Gandhi eventually supported segregation of Muslims and Indians to head off civil war- in the form of Pakistan. Certainly the communists caused much slaughter in the name of equality.

The west founded many policies favouring the masses in balance with other priorities- which Paul1405 now labels as supremacist. The German Holy Empire despite some issues was a force for stability and culture for about 1000 years.

Let the fire bugs burn in their own juices
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 10:58:55 AM
cont'd ...

Dear Paul,

75% of the residents in the electorate of Fowler
have both parents who were born overseas according
to the ABS.

Australian ancestry is about 8.2% in that electorate.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 11:02:30 AM
Former Labor Prime Minister Paul Keating backs
Kristina Keneally as the MP Fowler needs.

Keating said Senator Keneally "absolutely" had the
qualities needed to be a cabinet minister in a
federal Labor government.

"She's in the top handful of people in the party and
her performance in the Senate has shown she's a big proponent
of Labor's value system."

"And she has what many people in the Labor Party do not have -
and that is a permanent feeling of indignation over the less
affluent."

I wonder what the future would look like for Labor and
Australia if at sometime we could have Kristina Keneally
and Penny Wong running for the top jobs along side each
other? That would be a first anywhere.

Just wishful thinking on my part I guess.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 10:37:26 AM
Here are the details of birth countries in Fowler, so stop the BS!

The mentality of people constantly trawling for "evidence" of demographic changes in Australia is sick, nasty, and disloyal - mostly coming from immigrants and offspring of immigrants with a very short history in Australia. They are whining malcontents, not fit people to call themselves Australians.

Country of birth Fowler %

Australia 65,666 40.0
Vietnam 24,999 15.2
Iraq 11,246 6.8
Cambodia 5,568 3.4
China 3,577 2.2
India 2,589 1.6

Those born in Vietnam, Iraq, China and India are more likely to be more comfortable in, and more respectful of, Australia than are the self-hating white whiners and Johnny Come Latelys from Europe.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 16 September 2021 11:32:27 AM
ttbn,

Whoa take it easy - blame the ABS for the numbers
given earlier. And who exactly are the "Johhnie
come latelies" you're referring to? Patriotism
is what's in someone's heart - not how long they've
been in a country. As history has shown some very
so called "patriotic" people have sold their
countries down the gurgler. They're usually the ones
espousing their loyalty - while selling out.

Don't judge others. Look to your own actions.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 11:48:40 AM
cont'd ...

ttbn,

Taken from The Age newspaper:

" The ethnic diversity of Fowler has been well
documented, including by the incumbent of that
seat. According to the most recent Australian Bureau
of Statistics data - Australian ancestry accounts for
about 8.1% of Fowler's population and more than 75%
of its residents have both parents who were born
overseas.

So a great big raspberry to you mate!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 12:05:26 PM
'Cry Baby' Porter,

This joke of a Cabinet Minister has been exposed as taking money from some kind of slush fund to pay his legal bills following his failed litigation with the ABC. The "blind fund" is financed by cashed up unnamed mystery doners known possibly only to Porter.

Despite claims by shadowminister that 'Cry Baby' Porter was in for a $10 million pay day, a grovelling apology, and a 100 ABC staff sacked to pay for it all. Nothing could be further from the truth, the alleged rapist of a 16 year old girl got rolled, and is now taking secret money to pay his legal bills.

MORRISON should sack this clown.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 16 September 2021 12:55:14 PM
Kristina Keneally is to me an unknown entity
Foxy,
Just listening to her for a few minutes exposes her as a Nancy Pelosi Mark 2 !
Talk about vindictiveness & jealousy !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 16 September 2021 1:32:55 PM
individual,

Light travels faster than sound. This is why
some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Like Pauline Hanson for example.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 2:25:05 PM
"And who exactly are the "Johhnie (sic)
come latelies" (sic) you're referring to?"

You know who you are.

And I repeat: almost 66, 0000 of the 100,000 people in Fowler are, and identify as, Australian. It doesn't matter a toss where their parents were born. Your Red Press reference is rubbish. It doesn’t even provide the countries those parents came from, or their ethnicity. But, seeing you couldn't correctly copy what I wrote, you probably don't read all that well, either; and you are always making blues with references and apologising (as if anyone cares) about it. So, perhaps it's not The Age that's at fault, but you.

Why do you mention "so-called patriots"? What is a so-called patriot? A person with your attitude wouldn't know what patriotism means. Your attitude to the country that took in your parents is disgusting. It seems to be a truism that immigrants are OK, but their first generation Australian born kids are malcontents with huge chips on their shoulders.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 16 September 2021 3:30:08 PM
Foxy,
Kenealy would need to live a thousand years before she could get anywhere near Hanson's integrity !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 16 September 2021 3:52:43 PM
ttbn,

The figures quoted were current figures from the
ABS. And they are the latest figures not something
I made up.

As for what you think of me? I have no control
over that. I might have given you the impression that
I'm interested. I'm not
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 4:57:06 PM
cont'd ...

ttbn,

Your thinking that I have a chip on my shoulder is
a sign you've got wood higher up.

Besides if you're that concerned about chips on shoulders
the best way to knock the chip off someone else's shoulder
is to pat them on the back.

There's a good chap.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 5:10:32 PM
"As for what you think of me? I have no control
over that. I might have given you the impression that
I'm interested. I'm not."

More of your BS. If you weren't interested you would not take any notice, and you certainly wouldn't keep coming back, seeking the last say, as you always do with any poster whose views you don't like. You typify the low achieving losers totally lacking in self awareness that I was paid to deal with in my previous life.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 16 September 2021 5:24:04 PM
Poor ttbn - he's seeking attention once again.

When he's lost an argument - he resorts to slander
(the tools of a loser).

individual,

I am so pleased that you have found a politician you
can relate to in Pauline Hanson.
I am happy for you.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 6:07:32 PM
It appears that the leader of the Labor Party fully
supports Kristina Keneally for the seat of Fowler.
He's convinced she's the perfect choice for the
electorate and a Labor win. It will be interesting
to see whether he's right.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 September 2021 7:03:08 PM
Hi Foxy,

Does it not surprise you that individual is a devotee of One Nation and the lovely Pauline. With his attitudes to minorities he would fit right in down at Racists HQ.

As for ttbn, don't concern yourself, gets up in the mornings as the grumpy old man, takes a nasty pill or two, and then proceeds with his daily load of vitriol, you think you cop it, you should see what he serves up to the poor check-out-chick at Woolies if there's no 'Mylanta' on the shelf for his constipation.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 17 September 2021 6:56:07 AM
Crybaby Pauliar,

Once again you are lying about everything I claimed.

The only reason the donation to Porter was "exposed" was that he declared it. Idiot.
Posted by shadowminister, Friday, 17 September 2021 9:50:27 AM
Hi Paul,

Being on a public forum such as this one
can certainly be stressful. People hide
behind anonymity and some become "keyboard
warriors," and say things they normally
would not say face-to-face. Also when the
right buttons are pushed we all will react
sooner or later. Personal attacks can lower
one's self-esteem and self-confidence.

However it sometimes helps to remember that
we don't really know each other and we should
try not to lower our standards and stoop to
the same level as our attackers. People who
don't like or respect you should not be of
concern to us. We don't know what demons
exist in their lives that force them to behave
in the way that they do.

I enjoy most of the inter-action on this forum.
And I have learned a great deal from the most
surprising people - even if at times it's what
not to do. I cringe at some of the things that
I've said also. And laughed out loud at some that
have been said to me.

All in all it is fun. And I think most of us enjoy
being here. There's enough variety to go round
plus enough support when needed so it balances out.
We can always turn off our computers when it gets
a bit too heavy going.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 17 September 2021 10:49:23 AM
shonkysinister,

Turnbull described it as like a person with a sack over their head walking into Liberal HQ and handing over a bag of cash as a donation. Where did the Porter money come from? The Mafia, the Hells Angles, Melbourne crime boses, KKK... the klu klux klan not Kristina, the CCP, Donald Trump, the Catholic pedos, and all your favourites, the list goes on. What's the deal, will Minister Porter return the favour some day? We don't know.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 17 September 2021 10:52:49 AM
I, for one, hopes she loses her seat.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 17 September 2021 4:32:34 PM
It was not policy which made me resign many years ago from the ALP, it was internal factionalism which I hated, and deal making. At least the Greens have an absolute grass roots preselection process, where the local membership gets to both question, and vote on prospective candidates, including incumbents. Even if there is only one candidate there is a option of 'no selection' What other party does that?

Churchill on party politics; "The opposition occupy the benches in front of you, but the enemy sit behind you."
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 17 September 2021 6:23:55 PM
shonkysinister,

"The only reason the donation to Porter was "exposed" was that he declared it."

Wow, you sure can get it wrong, now the clowns out on his ear!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 19 September 2021 9:37:15 PM
Pauliar,

Once again you get it wrong. The donation to CP was only noticed after he declared it. Unlike Labor or the pedogreens that only declare their donations when found out.
Posted by shadowminister, Monday, 20 September 2021 1:21:58 PM
I find it really odd that there are unresolved rape
allegations against a previous frontbench Minister
who has actively suppressed all information about
the case, information which, according to his tearful
denials would presumably have exonerated him, and
yet the man remains in Parliament.

And now the former Chief Legal Officer of Australia
wants us to believe that he took unspecified amounts
of money in donations from unknown sources in order to
pay legal fees for his abandoned defamation suit
in a court over which he recently had authority, over
unresolved rape allegations.

Goodness me. For a man with nothing to hide, this Minister
certainly goes to great lengths to keep things hidden.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 20 September 2021 3:24:33 PM
Foxy,

There are far more substantial unresolved rape allegations against Bill Shorten, yet you are silent here in spite of there being a living coherent complainant.

The allegations against Porter are completely unsubstantiated.

There is no police complaint,
there are absolutely no witnesses,
the complainant was psychotic and has killed herself.
The ABC made an open apology and stated that there is no implied guilt.
The ABC is suppressing the information, not Porter, as releasing it cancel their agreement with Porter that they paid for and will open them to the same suit again.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 21 September 2021 7:32:19 AM
shadow minster,

We've covered Mr Shorten's case many times in
the past. The case of Mr Shorten and Mr Porter
are totally different. Mr Shorten was questioned
by police. Mr Porter was not. Mr Shorten did not
suppress anything and answered all questions. Porter
issued suppression orders. Mr Shorten's so called
claimant turned out to be disreputable. The police
there was no case to answer.

In Porter's case media organizations, including News
Corp and Nine newspapers were blocked from publishing
any ot the ABC's defence. Porter lodged a suppression
order and only a small part of the defence was ever
made public.

Porter settled with the ABC (no damages paid) before any
of the case could be heard in the Federal Court.
Porter has now quit as a Minister and gone to the back
bench (he should quite Parliament altogether).

He now claims that he took money in donations from unknown
sources in order to pay legal fees.

For a man with nothing to hide, Porter certainly goes to
great lengths to keep things hidden.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 21 September 2021 9:50:12 AM
Wally Rumpole,

Will you be representing senior Liberal Bruce Lehrmann in his upcoming rape trial. Seems Lehrmann was very close to Morrison, not fifty feet away. Given your outstanding defence record Lehrmann should get off with a minimum of 20 years.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 21 September 2021 9:57:38 AM
Pauliar, Legal pinhead,

Considering your 100% wrong record he will be as free as a bird.

How are your green paedophiles doing?
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 23 September 2021 5:37:18 AM
Foxy,

According to the police, Shorten wasn't prosecuted because one person's testimony is not sufficient for a conviction. The woman he allegedly raped was a Labor intern and was not found to be disreputable. As the transcript from Shorten's questioning has been suppressed how do you know how he answered the questions?

Porter wasn't questioned by the police because there was no case as there was no complaint. Porter couldn't and didn't suppress the court documents as only the ABC could do that. The supposed victim was psychotic to the point of killing herself.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 23 September 2021 5:44:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy