The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Voluntary Euthanasia Issue

The Voluntary Euthanasia Issue

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
"He had no damned right to impose his religious beliefs on the general population of the NT or on anyone else in Australia for that matter."

This is where you run into a problem. The Vatican believes that
secularists are the big evil and that they have every damned right
to manipulate the political system to enforce their religious
agenda. Never underestimate the power of the Catholic political
lobby!

The best thing that we can do is hope that Pyne, Andrews etc,
are tossed out of politics on their ears. They can have freedom
of religion, we want freedom from religion. We should each be
able to live, according to our beliefs.

Catholics might think that suffering is noble, sorry but I think
that they are confused. If Catholic fanatics like Opus Dei want to
get kinky and whip themselves in the name of religion, hey ok,
but keep me out of it!

Celivia, keep up the great posts. You are a shining light on
OLO!
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 1 September 2007 3:15:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, thank you, Yabby.
You're a rock in abortion debates, I thank you in the name of all sinful women :)

Aime et al,
I just saw that someone on OLO (I think it was Ho hum) posted a link to request the resignation of Kevin Andrews. I thought I'd put it up here as well, although this particular issue is not about euthanasia, I'm happy to get him to resign for different reasons also.
Apparently he fudged his own resume.

"Dear Kevin Andrews MP,

Due to the recent debacle involving the Australian Government and Dr Haneef I am directly requesting your resignation.

Sincerely,
..... "

http://www.andrewsmustresign.com
Posted by Celivia, Monday, 3 September 2007 12:58:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cuphandle, I too do feel for'ye, as do all previous posters. I have a feeling you are standing on the fork in the road bearing the signs "Hope" and "No Hope". Eventhough I agree with Celivia about her homecountry's (as is mine) humane treatment of sufferers it was not always so and people had to fight for it.I still remember the barbarian methods they used to pull 7 of my nails out withour anastetics whilst I was 12.Letting my father die a horable death from lung cancer even though naturopathic treatments could have been had just next door in Germany.I am sure there are tons of stories out there which could have been solved naturally.Instead of boring you with my own history of health challenges, I can honestly say that there is always hope if you are prepared to look for it and take the action.I stayed away from bad food,ate raw as much as possible,left meat at the butchers unless I shot game or caught fish and prepared it myself i.e. healthy lifestyle! Increase the right supplements like selenium,magnesium and calcium did wonders for my R.arthritus with the added benefit of my body creating the cartilage again.I'll leave it there otherwise I will be sued (that is how sick this society is) for giving medical advice.Medications are poisons and breakdown your natural defence/building system. Good example is by pooring acid on concrete or calcium like the white ants do it can also distroy bone.
There is plenty of hope found on the net nowadays for people in out predicament, I'd say go for it and fight for YOU.One last one: find a practitioner in your area who can apply pain relief as most will not ever charge you like a wounded bull and most likely not charge you at all if you don't get relief.Start here: http://1stn4most.com and watch the video.
Posted by eftfnc, Monday, 3 September 2007 3:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy